SRS I feel like my friends/people dislike me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Japan Four, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

Lately, I have been feeling as if my friends either don't want to have me around, or that I am bothering them every time i ask them to do things, talk. I feel as if they prefer to hang out with our group of friends when I am not around.

I usually just confront them about shit like this, and they usually just tell me this isnt the case, but whenever i talk to them they look at me like i am either a fool, a dick, or being rude.

these friends are incredibly important to me, some of them are pretty much like brothers to me. I feel like I am losing touch with them.

What do I do about this? :hs:

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I wouldn't do that more than once. Doing so will make you look insecure and needy, which is a turn-off.

3. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

yeah, pretty much why i havent done it :hs:

4. TheEspionage

TheEspionage New Member

Host a drinking session in your home or poker night. Invite all your buddys.

Midway through the night, while people are drinking/drunk etc stand up in a tipsy manner and let them know the score. Claim ignorance...

''Listen lads, I don't know if I've done anything to piss you off but I'm getting the feeling that you guys are pissed with me. I'm not sure whats going on so if I'm doing something wrong let me know''

If there is a problem, and with alcohol in the system I'm sure one of your boys will answer.

5. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

um, i dont think this is the right thing to do man. thanks for trying to help though.

6. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

I guess i just want to feel like i can be comfortable around my friends, because lately i dont feel comfortable at all

7. brokengold

brokengold New Member

i'll be ur friend instead bro

8. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

:hug: thanks man, id love to be your friend! but yeah i need to figure this out too.

9. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

no thats the perfect thing to do, cause then it will let you know the truth or if its all just in your head.

10. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

You should either be comfortable or find new friends.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah...

Doing that will either a) get the truth out or b) cause everyone to think you are super insecure and needy in which case your situation will be even worse than it was before.

It's a risky gamble. I wouldn't do it.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

13. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

you might be "that guy" amongst your friends

14. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

If you've come out to your friends and asked them directly if there was anything wrong, but they acted indifferent towards you after they assured you nothing was wrong, then I would take a step back. Evaluate who these people are and if you are truly friends. Also ask yourself how you approach these people and manage your friendships with them. If you are always asking to hang out and you don't get a call from them, then these friendships may be one-sided. It might be time to look for other people that will value you and your time enough to keep you in touch and keep you included in their lives :)

15. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

i started doing this. thanks!

16. mg

mg OT Supporter

Karen?