SRS I feel like I'm getting the shaft from my mother

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JS1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. JS1

JS1 sup

My apartment lease is up at the end of March and I need another place to stay.

For one thing, this divorce I'm going through is just awful, leaving me with almost no income to support myself. The $465 a month I am spending on rent is $465 each month I need to add to my savings to pay for the very expensive legal bills it is going to take to get a fair hearing in front of a judge in a few months.

Secondly, I fucking hate South Carolina and want to move and never come back (except for the court date).

My out-of-state girlfriend offered for me to stay with her, but I declined because 1) she is starting to worry me with her talks of getting married (I'm not divorced and I'm not getting married again and even if I were I wouldn't marry her) and 2) I would look bad going to divorce court when I live with my girlfriend (currently trying to see if there is a way to keep my relationship out of it altogether)

So, I want to stay with my mother and step-father in Texas for a little while until the divorce is final. Going to court and saying that I live with my parents because my wife is taking everything will make it more clear to the judge that I am fucked and need some relief.

The problem is that my sister (age 20) and my brother (age 27) already live there. Her house isn't small, maybe about 2,000 square feet (three bedrooms), but she claims that it's "crowded". I wanted to park my bicycle in her garage and she threw a shit fit saying that there's not even room. Fuck, woman, move some of those empty boxes out of the way, and there will be enough room for a friggin bicycle! :rolleyes:

I stayed there one night last month and it was ridiculous. I had to sleep on the floor because my sister has one room and my brother has the other room.

I can stay with a friend in L.A. but that is even further away and he lives in a small one bedroom dorm-like place.

It makes me mad that my mother lets her other two children stay with her for no good reason (one found a job but is not a big hurry to move out and my sister is a lazy deadbeat who basically refuses to work), yet when I need a place to stay because my wife takes almost every penny I earn, I'm the bad guy?

I guess I'm venting more than anything else, but if anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I'm afraid that my life is sinking so much that I'm at risk of once again being an alcoholic or suicidal. I thought life would be getting better by now but it just seems to be getting worse and worse. :(

2. fray

fray New Member

this might be a stupid question, but how is your wife getting all your money if you are not divorced yet? Doesn't that mean there is no settlement yet? Or is it going to bills and stuff in your name?

3. JS1

JS1 sup

She filed for Separate Maintenance and Support (i.e., legal separation with court-ordered spousal support).

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

You could live in a shelter. It's a little extreme, but it's a roof over your head. Paying for a storage locker for your things should be less expensive than rent.