I feel like I'm getting nowhere in my relationship

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by lawnboy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

I've been with this girl off and on now for nearly 3 years. We are eachothers first loves and we both lost our virginity to eachother. We broke up last summer and she did got with other guys, while most of the summer I was miserable. We got back together earlier this winter and things were absolutely perfect and she toldm e she had never been happier. But then we had a couple fights, and she found out i had talked to this other girl on the side for a while. That was about 3 weeks, but she has not got over it since when she said she WAS getting over it.

I have been miserable since. She is on the same person she was...she never gives me any affection, never calls me, and never volunteers to hang out with me. Most of the time when i try to kiss her and hug her she stays mainly limp and i feel like im trying to love a brick wall. When I try to talk to her abotu how I feel, she blows up and we start to argue. She thinks of it as her not being able to do anyhting right, and her being so horrible. At this point i think she's just trying to get me to break up with her. I don't know what to do, being so close to valentines day and not wanting to spend it alone.

2. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

mmm i'm sorry man i'd say if you two argue so much it wouldnt be worth it... i mean it would suck to be alone on valentines day but it makes you wonder... its just one big hyped up day... as someone posted earlier... a valentines day with someone that you've been dating for less than a year is almost meaningless like flowers/chocolates would work... anything more than 1 year it has to be special... but i dunno that she is worth the special things since she constantly argues with you and when you try and make love to her she acts like a brick wall... thats just really messed up if you asked me. Talk to her about it this week and see how it goes... obviously if she doesnt respond to you she isnt worth the time and/or effort. Sometimes you just have to move on because not everything works out the way oyu want it.

3. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

it's so hard though...right now the thought of breaking up with her dosen't bother me too much, but come later I'd be bored and start to think of her.

also- since she found out about that other girl, she never wants to have sex anymore. and she believes in dealing with problems the exact opposite of me. When there's a problem, I'll be mad for a short bit, then ill try to get over it by talking to her and being with her. She on the other hands, dosen't wanna talk about it and wants to stay away from me.

4. Giggles

Giggles Guest

So you were cheating... I mean what were you expecting to have happen? You ruined your relationship. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you need to understand that you caused a big problem in the relationship. She's definately not going to "get over it" on her own. That wouldn't even be fair-- you started that problem so you should try whatever you can to help her get over it. But only if it's worth saving to you at this point.

Sounds like she's distancing herself from you emotionally. Be careful bc she may start cheating on you.

5. bravada 94

bravada 94 New Member

You should distance yourself from her to try and get the power back. Don't call her anymore and don't try to hang out with her or anything. Make her make the next move.

6. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

i didnt CHEAT on her though...i flirted with a girl that i barely talk to, and the girl blew it out of proportion when she told my GF because I told the girl i didnt wanna talk to her anymore.

7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

welp... trust is the most important thing in a relationship. if you lose it, it's hard to regain it... sometimes it's just impossible. is that her fault? nope... she doesn't HAVE to let you redeem yourself.

you guys need to sit down and communicate more effectively. tell each other how you feel. :)

8. EX-JAY

EX-JAY New Member

she went out with some other dude; you were just talking to someone else! I say you move on; I know it's hard and right now you feel like there will be no tomorrow. Time will heal you. As long as you keep going back and having the same issues, you will be back to square one: Same bullshit. Move on, learn from your experiences.

9. bravada 94

bravada 94 New Member

Trust is not the most important factor in my book. Some girls, you just have to learn to play mind games with. This sounds like one of those girls. Just remember that you always want what you can't have. Play hard to get, and she'll be all over you. Just like your all over her because she is playing hard to get. It's as simple as that.