SRS I feel fucked up.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SoD, Oct 10, 2007.

1. SoD

SoD New Member

I'm addicted to Marijuanna and never relized it untill it's too late.

Basically I've smoked weed everyday for almost 2 years now...
    Never relized how serious it has become untill recently, VERY VERY hard to fall asleep without the drug, so it makes quitting very hard because I need sleep.

2. SoD

SoD New Member

I just thought about it... If they legalized it, I would have zero problems in my life.

3. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

so if they legalized it your withdrawl symptoms would go away? I dont get it

4. SoD

SoD New Member

Yea I'd be able to smoke legally and it would be cheaper.

5. just take a tylenol PM before you go to sleep?

6. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

OR you could not smoke and not have any of the health consequences or financial burdens associated with it....

7. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

Theres almost no physical addiction associated with marijuana just remember its all mental. You need to find other things to do instead of smoking. After the first week its always been much easier for me. Get some exercise before you goto sleep and drink a gallon of water each day. Rid yourself of all your paraphernalia, and also take a break from your friends that smoke for a week if you really wanna get off it.

8. SoD

SoD New Member

I dont want to get off of it but I know I should.

9. AO

AO New Member

I find it hard to understand how weed can allow one to fall asleep. Is it like alcohol where the voices are silenced? Do you find that you cannot sleep because your mind keeps thinking?

10. red

red New Member

Now I know AO is nuts.

11. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Oh my.:rofl:

Teh voicez talks in sleeps, how stop tehm?

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

time for rehab

13. Euclid

Euclid New Member

Whenever I find myself not tired enough at bedtime, it's because I haven't gotten enough exercise that day. Exercise and diet do wonders for regulating my sleep schedule.

14. transoceanicfoe

transoceanicfoe New Member

dude my friend has smoked large quantities of marijuana since he was 12.. in march we got busted and he had to go 3 months with no smoke.. he didnt have any withdrawl symptoms other than being bored, feeling left out of the smoking circle, and the need to consume more alcohol than usual..

find something else to do.. and try and stay away when people are smoking around you.. come back after they've done.. its soo tempting

15. AVengeance

AVengeance Active Member

a lot of it is the peeps with which you hang. Lose the losers, and get some melatonin for the sleep issue.

16. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Marijuana isnt physically addictive. It is all in your head.

17. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Same can be said for smoking cigs or drinking alcohol and...they are legal. :hsd:

18. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

It relaxes me. I've been a heavy user for a few years now but I've been cutting back for the past few months now. I smoke about twice a week. Once you use marijuana for a sustained amount of time the effects are very subtle and not impairing like alcohol.

19. volumecontrol

volumecontrol New Member

It's all a mental thing, but that doesn't mean you aren't having problems, as the mind is very powerful. Just try and not think about it and do something to occupy yourself, like build models or excercise or something. Pick a hobby. :)

20. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

Why not cut back if you know you should? Make a compromise with yourself so you dont have to give up something you love.

21. akaman

akaman the definition of destruction

I've had that problem when I stop smoking after a period of prolonged daily use. As suggested before a good workout will put you to bed, and give you a much more restful sleep. It also helps cleanse your system, leaving you feeling refreshed and with more vitality.

I've found it takes two weeks of not smoking for my mind and body to feel completely cleansed. You're head will feel much clearer, it's a good feeling. I now smoke about once or twice a week, which I find makes the after-effects (slower mental functions) negligible, and makes each high that much stronger.

22. mugaliens

mugaliens New Member

Except for the fact that you'd still be addicted and long-term use of MJ has about four times the medical problems/consequences than tobacco.

Yeah, it's hard. I've got friends who've been addicted to everything under the sun, many of which are far more addictive than MJ, including cocaine, crack, heroin, alcohol, oxycotin, etc.

You're going to have a few sleepless nights, but it's so worth it to prevent yourself from having a few sleepless months before you die of one of the many diseases the chronic use of MJ can cause, such as lung cancer.

Pick a three day weekend and just tough it out. Stay away from the "friends" you smoked with. Find some new friends. Attend a Narcotics Anonymous meeting (in the phone book, or you can find a meeting here).

You don't have to go this alone. There's lots of people out there who're willing to help you work through it.

The good thing is that MJ isn't all that addictive. A couple weeks afterwards you won't be suffering massive cravings as with some other drugs.

23. mugaliens

mugaliens New Member

Actually, stopping drinking after having drunk chronically will produce a lot of hallucinations, including voices, music, visual disturbances, etc. If someone was a very heavy drinker they'll usually see things which aren't there (usually insects crawling on the walls).

It has to do with the normally heavily sedated brain all of a sudden being very overactive.

24. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I let this thread get it's due course in On-Topic and now it's time for you to get help from the R2R guys.

v/r

-Ryan

25. scromlette

scromlette New Member

Seriously, you just need to have a clear mindset and tough it out. My step father has been a habitiual user for almost 30 years. The toll it has taken on his mental state is ridicilous. Believe me, when he doesn't have smoke, you DON'T want to be around him. He's miserable with out marijuana.

Is that how you want to spend the rest of you life? Miserable because of a fucking plant?

Also, legalizing it doesn't mean it'll be less expensive. In order to legally obtain marijuana (for instance in cali) you need to see a doctor. The doctor will ask you your symptoms (anything from back pain, to confusion, to cancer, to "I shoved a soda bottle up my ass") and they'll have you pay close to $150 for the script.

After that you would have to head over to your local pot clinic where you'd have to shell out cash for the green as well.

And let's not even go there with government regulation. If the gov't regulated marijuana, they would apply the heaftiest price and taxes allowable. Not to mention the grade of bud wouldn't even be close to what you get now on the streets.

::shrugs:: I don't know. I smoked alot for a long time, and I'm happy to say that I haven't touched the bud in almost 3 years. I feel happier, better, and my pockets are a little heavier.

Good luck!