SRS I feel... disconnected

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Timdog, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Fuck. That basically sums up my feelings for the past two days. For some reason, I just started turning into a huge mess yesterday. Now, usually I enjoy life and am pretty damn happy, I have friends and stuff, do things I like, but something just isn't right anymore.

I feel... disconnected as the thread title states. I'm not really feeling any emotions anymore it seems. No matter what has happened in the past two days, I just kind of am there and not really "feeling anything." It feels like there is some "cloud" around my "inner self" that can't get through right now. My head has also been hurting a lot. It comes and goes, but it has gotten really bad a few times. It's like there's a ton of pressure between my brain and my skull or something.

Usually I'm pretty imaginative and creative, but that's just been totally blocked out by this emotionless state. I can't really think critically anymore. The thing is, I'm not really sad, I'm just kind of there... My physical body is there, but I feel completely disconnected mentally and emotionally.

I've tried a lot of things. I ran really hard today, didn't help. Tried stomping down on the accelerator, didn't help (maybe for a short millisecond when the engine revved all the way up, but then it faded). Tried watching emotional things I have which used to make me happy or make me feel sad, or like really inspired and motivated. Nothing. Not a single fucking thing has happened to me. I just don't feel anything anymore. Like I said before, it's like I'm being disconnected emotionally from the world. Interaction with people hasn't really helped either. I can kind of fake that I'm ok, but I think they're starting to notice something's wrong. My appetite is ok, but I don't really feel like eating. I'll be really hungry, but it doesn't seem to bother me much and I just eat something because I know I need to be eating.

My big fear and wonder is that this has happened so suddenly. I don't really know what to do anymore, so I decided to come here.

2. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

pretend to be connected untill you actually are

3. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

Have you gone through anything stressful recently?

4. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Not really that I can think of.

I decided to try one thing I hadn't thought of yet and just tried to make myself laugh somehow. It seems to be working. I think I was just thinking about things too seriously or something, needed a bit of loosening up? I'll let you guys know if I'm ok tomorrow. It hasn't gone away completely, but I feel some things atleast. :x:

5. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

Have health insurance? Go get a check up.

If the feelings persist find a doctor willing to take the time to help you out. Some will just dismiss you, but they don't have to live with your symptoms.

Keep a notebook of when things started and what, if anything makes things worse or better. That way if it is medical, or psychological even, you can help a doctor pinpoint what may be causing it and how to treat it.

Try changing your diet to some healthier foods and see if that doesn't help too.

6. Timdog

Timdog New Member

An update. Well, most of the things I was experiencing have gone away or are much subdued. I don't have that "cloudy" feeling over my head anymore and I'm start to reconnect with things. The pain in my head has subsided, although not completely. However, even though I'm feeling things again, I still don't feel 100% right. It's not like a bad depressive feeling, but I just feel like there's something missing. I'm doing my normal things, but I kind of just feel like "well, this is ok, but isn't there something more?" But I can't figure out exactly what is missing.

7. Timdog

Timdog New Member

Another update: I kind of just felt like this all day: :hs:. Not really sad or anything, just kind of all mellowed out and chill, but still don't feel completely right. Although this actually feels better than how I was before that whole disconnection episode. I used to still feel a lot of emotions like stress and anger and stuff, sometimes too much, but now I'm just kind of in this one state of mind. Nothing really bothers me, but I also still feel that there's something missing from all this.