I feel a bit dumb, but first date ideas?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Slickismax, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Quick backstory...I work a lot, and have low self esteem. Outcome: I haven't been on a date in quite some time. I went to lunch with a good friend today, and his receptionist asked about me after I left. He gave me her number, and I think I'll call her tomorrow to set something up. I know this sounds lame, but what are some good date ideas?

2. Gek

Gek Go for broke

for first dates i like going to places where i can talk to them, no clubs/bars and no i'm not spending crazy $$$ on a really nice place... take them somewhere like the beach/hiking/coffee someplace nice (not the normal starbucks next to the laundromat)

3. lauren

lauren Active Member

what do you like doing? what are your hobbies?

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You have an active sub. That is what the search function is for. Especially since this thread gets made every other day

5. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

Hey mods, see how often this sort of thing fucking comes up? Maybe you should get your asses out of your faces and perhaps make a little subforum with commonly asked questions entitled something stupendously wild like "commonly asked questions" and keep commonly asked questions inside, that might actually help someone or something?

:dunno:

6. mathematics

mathematics Guest

take her indoor rock climbing or something, it really doesn't mater, just do something that is exciting and new, for both of you. its even better if its physical because you have a reason to touch her/kino escalate.

7. Stargazer

Stargazer New Member

Do something where the two of you can talk....no movies or bars/clubs. Putt-putt, bowling...things like that.

8. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Go out for a few drinks, allows you to loosen up and feel more comfortable. You also won't be spending tons of money. And if the date is ugly, you can drink til she's better looking. :o

9. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Thanks everyone! I enjoy pretty much anything outdoors, but it is abnormally hot and humid here right now (Oklahoma) and there isn't too much to do indoors. I wanted to do something quick, during the week, after work just to find out what she's like. Then if I like her, maybe call her on Thurs. to set something up for Friday night. I just can't think of anything quick, during the week, other then a coffee shop/bar or dinner.

BTW, I did search, and in the first three pages all I didn't find anyone asking for first date ideas, so I decided to post. I guess I didn't seach the correct terms or something.

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Perfect! An excuse for her to be in less clothing FTW :naughty:

11. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

miniture golf>>

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

lol only on the OT :rofl:

13. Take her bowling if the weather is that hot.

14. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Thanks for the options everyone! I'll let you know how it all goes down tonight!

15. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Alright, so we went to "Bricktown", and walked around for a bit just talking/teasing. We ended up at a Cajun restaraunt for dinner, and then walked around a bit more before I decided to call it a night. Pretty decent, although I caught myself doing a few no nos...I caught myself saying "Just kidding" once after I teased her (d'oh), and I got really comfortable toward the end and started blabbing (x2). I *almost* made 2nd date plans, but then remembered that was a bad idea before I said anything. We ended up doing a little driving sight seeing on the way back to her place. Definitely been a while since I've been on a first date, a little rusty, but all in all, a pretty good first date. I don't think I Friendzoned myself yet, which is good because that is what I normally do on first dates.

16. Congratulations.