MIL I extend professional courteousy to military personnel...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spyder007, May 21, 2005.

1. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

In the form of traffic tickets that are minor in the grand scheme of things. Though, I do NOT extend PC to those who get into fights and cause chaos when you go get drunk. Why is that hard to believe?

I had a complaint filed against me this week against a soldier for filing paperwork for felony assault. He said that he should be let off since he defends the country that I get to "peacefully enjoy" because of his work. I'm sorry, but I don't really care what you do. My brother is a soldier, and like many of you, does his job honorably to the best of his ability. This sorry sack of shit is ruining the reputation of the hard working soldiers.

The sad part, is that a few E1-E3's are causing the problems for the rest of you hard works. Just thought I'd share my point of view.

Carry on.

2. FLY-FAST

FLY-FAST OT Supporter

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    When I was stationed in England, the Bobbies would target GI's for random car inspections. We were getting paid squat, and at the time the British Pound was worth around $2.50. So any low ranking GI with a car was pretty much putting every spare nickle into just keeping it running. I got a ticket once for not having the windshield washer fluid at the proper level. The Bobby was sitting at the roundabout outside the main gate and pulling over as many cars as he could for random inspections.

I would have loved to have had someone like you in his place.

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Awesome! I love officers like you. Since I enlisted, i've been pulled over at least 20 times for traffic stuff. With the help of my USMC stickers on my car, they usually ask me, then just let me go.

I also regretfully had an unlawful use of a weapon felony charge pending against me, and after I informed the judge I was in the military, he let me off.

Although I don't expect to be treated better because of being enlisted, it feels really good when it happens. It's the same as people in bars or restaurants personally thanking a soldier for doing their job. (I'm still in DEP, so sometimes people mistakenly think i'm already a Marine. Even after I inform them I havent been though boot camp yet, they still usually buy me a drink and whatnot.) Makes me feel appreciated!

5. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

um wtf?

6. pakman

pakman New Member

Wow, pulled over 20 times since you've enlisted? You must either drive like a maniac or have really bad luck. Are you considered DEP only if you're 6 months or less away from your ship date? If so, getting pulled over 20 times in less than 6 months is pretty ridiculous.

I've been pulled over 4 times since I've had my license (5 years), two for speeding, the other two for minor infractions. The first ticket I got when I was 17, before I enlisted. Second time around, I was a month away from shipping to Iraq. The cop was being a total dick about it, so I decided to fight the ticket. Plead not guilty, put in a motion for continuance, then waited till I got to Kuwait and e-mailed a judge. Got the case thrown out :big grin:

7. Accord

Accord New Member

You're considered DEP when you enlist and enter into the delayed entry program for up to 365 days before shipping out to boot camp.

8. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

I've been let off of ONE ticket.... and it was because I was in Texas... :coold: and I told him I was driving home on pre-deployment leave. He's like "Where you going?" I'm like "Iraq" He's like... "ok, you can go" :coold: