SRS I enjoy my job (anonymous post)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I wanted to start out by saying I really like my job. Its fun and exciting, I work with great people, I get paid decent and will eventually start receiving benefits. Like every job there are naturally crappy parts, and if the pay was a little better I could honestly see this being my career. But for right now, in times where getting a job at McDonalds might be difficult, I am very happy with my job.

My problem comes from my co-workers. Dont get me wrong, they are good people, funny and willing to make work fun. They just bitch. CONSTANTLY. About everything. "We do too much, we dont get paid enough, why do we have to do this, thats bullshit, oh this sucks." And it just goes on and on forever. I can tell there are a few who honestly hate working here.

The problem is, they are really starting to bring me down. It seems like I'm the only one who enjoys working here, and everyone else just wants to bitch.

I've let everyone know that I actually enjoy my job whenever they get into one of their long bitch fits, but they generally treat it like im the weird one, and that im an ass kisser for not showing up miserable everyday.

Any advice you can give me OT would be apprechiated. I dont want to alienate myself from my co-workers, but I also dont want to turn into the angry, spiteful people they are. I actually like the fact that I have finally found a job I can enjoy, and dont want them to make me hate it

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

it's hard, last couple places I had similar co-workers. And I'm the type of employee that doesn't really get riled up about most problems.

do your best to ignore them but otherwise, :dunno:

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

if you are aware that they can make you hate it, then you might be better off as say, someone who does not know why they hate their job, when it is from other workers influence. Why do you have to let them know that you like the job, especially when they get into their fits?

you can do two things: hang around them and listen the to bitching, nod your head, and pretend to agree

or stay away from them as much as possible. When you are around them, make sure that you really are showing that you love the work. Sometimes there are a few of the workers that may feel just like you, or they may have chosen to just nod their head and pretend to agree like i suggested. And when you start showing that you like it, they may decide to join you. And now you at least have the office grouped into those that hate the job and those that don't

Really try to reflect on your behavior at work, and be real careful to make sure that you go in all day every day with an overall pleasurable attitude. When new people start work, you can influence them too.

4. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Thats a good suggestion. Its pointless to keep this anonymous, one of my co-workers (A fellow OTer) has already seen it, asked me to check it out because he said it sounded a lot like this place, then later saw my message from Darketernal confirming my anonymous thread was posted. But oh well. I was just most concerned about people thinking I was rubbing it in their face that I dont hate what I do.

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I'm the type of person that just ignores that shit, after a while they get the picture you don't care about listening to their bitching