I dont work here

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by colosodian, Sep 22, 2005.

1. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

I was in the apple store tonight, playing with the powerbooks. There were about 5 employees standing around, doing nothing. This lady walks up to me and asks what the differences are between ibooks and powerbooks.

All I could think of for the 12"s was that you could run dual displays, and the powerbook is slightly faster. I couldnt think of anything else.

A little later this guy was asking about a 12" PB to an employee. He asks how much memory is on stuck on board, the guy says 512. I knew that the guy was asking how much memory could be upgraded, but I didnt want to correct the employee.

Now I kinda understand how the employees may seem like they dont know, but really they are just tryign to simplify stuff for non-geeks.

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

3. mrchina

mrchina Guest

"He asks how much memory is on stuck on board, the guy says 512" This to me sounds like he was asking how much memory comes with the powerbook...not how much it could be upgraded.

4. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Yes.

Answering a question someone asks > Interpreting and answering someone else.

That's probably why this guy doesn't work for Apple. :mamoru: