SRS I don't want to commit suicide.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by m3 bavaria, Mar 21, 2006.

1. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

However, if I were to die today, it'd be nice that everything has finally ended.

Is this a normal thought?

2. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

depends how serious you are about it. fill us in.

3. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

I look forward to death as well. But I'm going to enjoy life while I have it. I have plenty of time for death.

4. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

I honestly don't think that I'd ever do it.

However, I'm so miserable with my life because of the desires and ambitions that I have. I don't see myself ceasing these, so I think that I'll be faced with a life of misery because I'm pursuing the wrong things in life.

I have a very stressful career and put too much pressure on myself in school.

I don't want to die, but I want all of the stress to go away. I don't see it disipating until I'm dead. :hs:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Suicide usually isn't because people want to die, but because people want to escape from all their problems.

Your not superman your a human therefore be 'realistic' , are all these ambitions and ideas not too far fetched? Here's the deal , after living life i noticed the following. The more you want, the more problems you impose on yourself. Would your problems go away if you wanted nothing? Now that's a little going overboard, but you might want to drop some ambitions overboard, so that the load won't be that big and the struggle not so stressfull. We chase a lot of useless things in life, while it would have been better if we stopped chasing the diamonds, and settle for the brass. We would have time for ourselves to do our own things, and settle with less. If we go into overkill into trying to achieve the impossible or the non realistical things, we only stress ourselves out and never are able to enjoy our lives. It would be better if we focused on loving and helping other people, which is the meaning of life to begin with. That way we wouldn't waste our lives on all those materialistical things that only add misery to our lives.

6. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

I agree 100%. I suppose that is what my issue is. I'm able to diagnos what my issue is and what I can do to cure the issue.

However, I can't fathom living a life without great success, both through school and business. For some reason, I attach my worthiness to my success. It sounds silly, but I will honestly feel worthless unless I gain entrance into a top tier MBA programme and I make less than $300k a year. In the end, both are meaningless, but they mean everything to me.

If there was some way that I could bypass that issue, I would be much happier. Until then, I want to leave the pressue which makes me want to end life.

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

Worthiness to whom? If you were the only person on this planet, those ideals would mean nothing to you, right? Who are you trying to prove yourself to, and why? What makes you think they'll care? Trying to be top dog is a noble enterprise, but becoming one at the expense of your own self-worth robs you of the pride and joy you should feel for having got there. It's like marrying the gorgeous girl who's dumb as a doornail: looks great on paper and in pictures, but you're miserable. Is status really worth the misery?

Have you traveled on a non-business-related trip? Backpacking can really open your eyes to what makes the world tick. Maybe talk to Peyomp about his trip to Goa.

8. CodyPGA

CodyPGA Just Point Me To The First Tee And Tell Me What Th

I have similar feelings. Put extreme pressure on myself but I cant seem to just "relax" because I see complacency as the enemy of success.

Why I care about this "success" at all I :dunno:

Like teo said, I am beginning to question whether the "status is really worth the misery." The hard part is REALIZING that NO, its not.

9. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

hello m3!!

mr wise old man :)

dude, you are stressing about getting a job making $300,000 a year??

I am going to be happy just making $30,000!! where is your head at??

lol ...

seriously, you have nothing worth jumping off for!! fuck it is just money!!

10. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

you know its more complicated than that. why do so many celebrities fuck up their lives becoming drug addicts and shit? they don't have peace. making 300k a year comes at a cost. what his cost is i dunno, but it seems like its making his life go nowhere.

11. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

what the hell does anyone do making 300k a year??

short of giving most of it away money will only give temporary happiness; the real joy is always the journey, and the people that you are with!!

12. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

If you go...just don't fuck it up for the guy who has to clean up after you.

There's was a study that says there's a benchmark at $50k/year where people just hit a limit on "happiness". In other words, Bill Gates on his happiest days is not any more happier then the average middle manager.

Measure success by benchmarks other then money.

13. teo

teo . => ? => !

One more thing I wanted to add: If the people you fraternize with like you at $300k and ignore you at $50k, they're not worth your time. Seriously. A person who evaluates your worthiness solely by the money you make is not evaluating you fairly - that includes you, by the way. It's like saying that people who aren't good at math are stupid and worthless even though they may be musical or artistic savants.

14. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I feel the same way :hs:

15. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I feel the same way constantly.

don't know how to explain it really, but it's like if I died right now, I'd be happy and content

16. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

if only we knew where we went...

17. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

It wouldn't be like you could enjoy the "niceness" of it being over though....or well....I guess I don't KNOW that for a fact, but....
    Anyway, I have certainly been there. If you are THERE for long periods of time, you may want to look into the possibility of being clinically depressed.

(I have been diagnosed and am treating my depression currently.)

18. Hoss

Hoss Nah, i had water yesterday

Man quit being selfish...think of all the people that would miss you so much ...how many people you will hurt

money is money, nothing more

Just relax...and dont set too high of goals

19. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

I realized this hanging out with my two best friends this past week. They both make less than $40k a year, don't have particularly cool cars, and aren't clothing snobs. (All of which I am)

I realized that they'd be my friend regardless of what I earned, where I graduate from, or what I happened to have.

On one hand, I realize that this is the path to happiness.

On the other hand, I crave the attention that come from being me (having cool cars, clothing, and the personality to match)

I fear that without that attention, I'd also be sad.

20. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

After the last FA match, I'm surprised that more in stripes haven't considered the same. :o

21. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

That's where I am.

22. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

Chelsea has been piss poor at moving the ball beyond mid-pitch for the last few matches recently.

It's not negatively that I'm thinking, but rather scared of failing to meet required expectations.