I don't think there are any girls that like my hobbies

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Jun 21, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Now I am not the dungeon master or anything like that but I suppose you could say I do like some more of the nerdy things. Being a fairly out going person, parties, bars and fairly social in school. I don't think my problem lies within meeting girls but more of making a longer lasting connection as a friend or even more. I don't hide what I like but I also don't talk about it 24/7 like other people. I have changed a fair amount in the last year and most people I don't think would suspect me of liking Anime. I am sitting here watching Love Hina, first comedy anime I have ever watched.

When I do get into another relationship I fear it will just be like the last one with nothing in common. I am not going to lie, I watch mostly anime for movies but I don't mind watching other movies. I would just like to sit down and watch something I prefer with another person. It would be nice if someone enjoyed the same things I do.

Do I need to get into the more nerdy community or something because some of these people scare me. With all the black they wear or crazy anime shirts. Some of them think they are anime characters I swear.

2. Kevin43

Kevin43 New Member

I've never really got the whole anime thing, but who gives a shit..do what you like and you will find somebody that likes the same thing

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This smokin hot girl I know is a huge gamer - plays WoW/etc, watches a ton of anime, and oddly is HOT AS HELL. Mind you she is also huge into clubs/partying/etc

So just try to find girls that DO like the things you do, they are out there. :dunno:

4. NCS

NCS Active Member

there are some, but i dont think common interests is what you build a relationship on... it should be built on attraction, compatibility, and high character.

5. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

There are a ridiculous amount of girls into anime. Most anime fans I know are female.

6. I'm drag racer and body builder, I know 0 women that are into that shit, but that doesn't stop me from having my fun.

7. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

mother fucking :werd:. Not "i think," though - it's objective fact.

You attract the girl with the way you act, non-neediness, dominance, and who you are. Once she really likes you, it doesn't fuckng matter what your hobbies are. Because she likes YOU, she will like your HOBBIES. that's how it works

Just don't talk about dungeons and dragons and video games in the first 5 minutes, just attract her in the first 5 minutes, and you're cool. You don't have to change who you are, you just have to know when is the appopriate time to express different parts of your personality

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Most of them are otakus and really weird, too.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

it doesn't matter what your hobbies are, unless she has low interest in you

a highly interested woman is going to accept you and who you are, and hobbies are a part of that

a less interested woman is going to try to change you into what she thinks you should be

i have a friend who rarely does anything outside of sit on his couch and watch tv, play video games, and occasionally play his guitar. he has no problems finding women who are willing to sit right there beside him

10. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

I don't know. I kinda don't want a SO thats into everything I do. It kinda brings an unwanted cometition to the relationship. Plus its good sometimes to have your own hobbies and just get away. Its cool to be interested and support me but I woudn't want her doing the samething I'm doing. She needs to have her own hobbies.

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

disclaimer: I quit, account cancelled, havnt played in forever. Having said that...

[​IMG]

there is no reason why some nerdy hobbies should be an issue

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

A hobby is one of the things you retain just for yourself within a relationship. IE "sorry honey i'm doing nerdy things tonight," "ah, ok, ill go do xyz with the girls"
    retaining breathing room ftw. You SHOULD have seperate interests. You don't need to have everything in common.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

They are out there but very rare. I have only seen two girls that are not fat play video games before. So to find them should I start going to anime con things because those scare me. Most people into anime scare me.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I agree that attracting a woman has nothing to do with what you like but having a good relationship does. In my last relationship she didn't like anything I wanted to do and I put up with what she wanted to do all the time. It drove me insane.

15. Chip Chipperson

If you know how to be a man the girl will either become interested in what you are intersted in, or at the very least accept and APPRECIATE that you like and are passionate about certain things. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO BE A MAN.

This isn't opinion. This is fact. Women's frames are malleable. You just have to take on the masculine role in the relationship

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have never had a relationship work out that way and I have never seen relationship work out that way.

"Im going to watch some anime, wanna watch it with me?" Her "No, Im going to go home be pissed off"

Same things with my friends, they make plans and girl friend gets pissed off they are not doing something together.

17. Chip Chipperson

Somehow I get the feeling that you and your friends aren't that successful with women in general :dunno:

Go watch guys who are successful with women. Seriously, go seek them out and watch. Just watch and don't come back until you get it

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I suppose I have never had healthy relationship. I got out of the last one with hope to experience this freedom of a girl not getting pissed off when you want to go do something but it seems this is the way a ton of girls are.

How should I deal with the next girl. I am trying to get with this one girl and we are on the 4th date. How do I not let this turn into something like the last if things work out.

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

One of my best friends was a pimp back in the day until he got married. He had sex with 6 virgins and like 20 girls on top of that. I know how he plays the game and I only pull off one part of it well. When it gets into the later stages I fuck it up.

20. Chip Chipperson

You're not in a place psychologically where you can even GET, let alone KEEP, a high self esteem, cool, high value, quality girl. For a while, forget getting into long term exclusive relatoinships as a way to fill the void you have in your internal psychology and a way of validating yourself.

Develop the skills and the attitude to be the man you want to become and stop taking the easy way of stagnation and consistent sex in a relationship

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

do you really want a girl who shares your hobbies who will just fuck your guild leader?

having little in common (hobby wise) isnt a bad thing.

22. jonno

jonno New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I get kicked from every guild I have ever been in since I can't put the 4 hours a day in to be in one.

24. Shadoglare

Shadoglare NeoCon Commie Hitler Wanna-Be

Eh, try telling that to the last sixteen or so chicks I've hooked up with based on attraction and chemistry alone. Things are GREAT for a period of several months, until one day you're sitting together and realize you have NOTHING to talk about because you have absolutely no common interests whatsoever.

25. fray

fray New Member

Common interests help build on the compatibility though. You've gotta have some stuff you can do together, otherwise what's the point. It's no fun to be together just for sex and nagging.