TAT I don't think my body likes surface piercings...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by CrazyFukr, Jan 26, 2005.

1. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

I got my eyebrow pierced like 7 months ago (with a 14g), let it heal for 2 months, changed to a smaller barbell (16g) and it healed down onto the smaller barbell. the other day i took it out for a few hours and when i went to put it back in i had to push and there was a chunk of skin on the end when it went through, and hurt for a few hours after.

today i took it out for like 7 hours, came home, tried to put it in and its closed up.

i know people who had theirs out for MONTHS then put it back in no problem.

wtf is this? i didnt really want it anymore anyway but shit, a few hours and it closed after 7 months?

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

my brows will close in a matter of 4h and ive had it for over 2 years. everyone is different.

Next time get retainers in for them.

3. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

i doubt ill repierce it... i was tired of it. looks like too much metal to have lip and eyebrow... at least on me anyway.

what if your job doesnt allow facial piercings? you'd have to put a retainer in right?

i hope my lip doesnt close up that fast, ill be lookin for another job soon and most arent fond of facial piercings

4. CyberBullets

yeah my job didnt allow me to wear facial piercings. I just put in 2 retainers and they were all happy :big grin:

5. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

ugh... no facial piercings is a stupid policy. old people and whoever bitches about them that makes it so we cant wear them needs to be more tolerant.

6. CyberBullets

no it's not a "stupid" policy. at my old job we needed to be professional, and look good. I even had to... oh noes... dress up for work. (Black dress pants, black dress boots, white shirt, black vest, black tie). I even had to shave before work and get my hair cut ever few weeks. i was even told before I got the job about the policy and told them they would never see them while I was on the clock.

btw, i didn't deal with many old people. my boss (and the General Manager) is 23 and cool as hell. i worked for him doing high end banquets, weddings, and dinners. People came to our place of work because of the standards there. (4 stars). So they have a certain expectations of the staff.

only reason i dont work there was cause it was burnt down by arsen. it was a kick ass place to work.

maybe you should wake up and realize corperate america is all about image and 1st impressions. if you are full of facial piercings and are meeting a client, it could give off the wrong impression and rune the business deal. 1st impressions are everything.

[edit]
    unless you start your own company and become your own boss, you will always be following someone else's rules. it's a bitch, better get used to it.
    [/edit]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

if you didnt want it anymore, then whats the problem? piercings aren't meant to be taken in and out all the time. that irritates them.

8. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

in 7 months i took it in and out 3 times and 1 was to change the barbell and the other 2 were the ones mentioned in the thread

9. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

My labret (even after healing for 3 years) used to try to close up in a matter of hours and I have had another "fully healed" piercing close up in about 45 minutes - my body just "heals" itself pretty quickly I guess. I sort of conditioned my labret to stay open now that I take it out every day for 8 plus hours and then put it back in.

10. CrazyFukr

CrazyFukr Guest

hm
    i wanna be able to take my lipring out for like 9-10 hours at a time for work or something... my current job doesnt mind facial piercings but i wanna move up

11. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Get it used to being put in and out. Find out what the threshold of time is and start there. Bump the time up little by little and you should be able to keep it out foor longer each time. It might help to purchase a taper of something similar to open the hole a little before you put the jewelry back in. I have a flatback labret that I put in from the inside of my mouth - I use a fishtail labret or a retainer from the outside to open the hole and then follow it back through with my regular jewelry from the inside out.

Mine can stay out for days at a time without any drama.

12. Ice Rado

Ice Rado New Member

yah what dumb said...i had my spacers for forever...and its just kinda annoyin...then one day i just forgot to put them in after i took the rings out...and on my break i had to push em in pretty hard but they went in...now i can usually go a few hours w/0 em when before it would wanna heal after an hour

13. audrey

audrey New Member

Surface piercings can be pretty difficult with healing and replacing.

On a completely other note I hav taken out 3 healed piercings and not been able to get them back in after having them out for a couple of days. (two
    nipple bars and a nose stud.)