MMA i dont think ive ever had this much fun getting beat up

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by DOHChi, Dec 29, 2005.

1. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

so today was like any other day at the gym, run treadmill for 3 miles, lift weights and then hit the bags. as i was hitting the bags for awhile, i see a korean dude, about 2 inches taller than me, im 5'11", and also had more build than me, hitting the bags. he had great form, so i went over to him and sparked up a conversation with him. i asked him what he has taken, and he said judo, hapkido and tae kwon do in mother korea. i was like cool, and i asked him if he wanted to show me some judo grappling, he said alright, so we put some mat down and got down to grappling.

after he showed me some basic moves, i started to get bored :o, im impatient. so i asked him if he wanted to grapple, he said thats fine. i figured i would do decent, seeing as how whenever i grapple with my friends, i always end up winning, and some of them were wrestlers all through highschool. well as i go in for a double leg shoot, he shoulder thrusts me, making me lose my balance, grabs the front of my hoody, throws his hips into mine, and does a hip toss. i was like man, wtf. thinking to myself, i wont get caught again, i grab his arm and try to pass for another takedown, but seeing as how he is bigger than me, he overpowers me, gets me in a wrist lock, and then another toss.

by this point, i was getting irritated, so i go for his head, he backs up and i do a double leg shoot, bringing him down. he sweeps me over, and tries to get on top, i have him in full guard, and i manage to almost get him in a triangle, he gets out of it, and somehow pulls an armbar :bowdown:. so we get up and this time i let him be the aggressor, bad mistake, he grabs me by the front of my hoody again, but this time, as he does the hiptoss, he lands on me too. bruised ribs?? i think so. we get up, and i let him come at me again, thinking i can somehow get him unbalanced and take him down, nope he just grabs my arm, another hip toss with him coming down on top, but this time on my nuts.

by this time, we were attracting a crowd, so we decided to stop. as we were talking while we were leaving, i asked him how long he's been training judo, he said about 10 years, and he was on the korean team. i was like wtf, i just got my ass handed to a judo nigga. damnnit.

btw, im going to enroll myself in a gym next week, they teach muay thai, bjj, and miletich fighting systems (dont ask me about that). i heard theyre decent, but thats the only gym that offers bjj. ill know more about it, when i go for orientation.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

getting thrown sucks. Good that you are signing up with a gym.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Sounds like a good gym. Miltech, bjj, and muay thai are all good.

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

what formal training do you have?

5. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

6. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Sounds like fun. You should become his friend and try to learn more.

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

ah ok, so very little actual grappling then? sounds like you shouldn't be too upset about taking a pounding. happens to us all!