SRS I don't know where to begin...(financial problems)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blackgrrl23, Jul 11, 2005.

1. blackgrrl23

blackgrrl23 If the game ain't money, then I ain't playing.

here goes:

My car got repo'ed today because I made the stupid mistake of signing for a title loan. I owned the car outright (legally) but my grandfather paid for it and I was making payments to him (pretty much on time). I got the loan because for a long while I was out of work/temping at a low wage, assumimg I could handle the payments. But I couldn't. I kept up with my son's school @222/week, car insurance at 100/month, and the car payment (to my grandfather) at 300/month, rent, food, etc. but could now keep up with the loan. My now ex BF said he would help me with it and he didn't pay not a penny towards it. This loan was only for 500 to keep my son in school while I was without an assignment through my agency for a 2 week period. Money that he was supposed to pay himself (he is the BD). For now, I just told my grandfather the car is in the shop. What can I do now????? :wtc:

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

this is a time to sit down with your grandfather and really let him know ...

if you don't do this now, your financial problems will snowball, and then you will have nothing, and still be looking around for something to cover your debt ...

NOW IS THE TIME!!

3. blackgrrl23

I have been able to move back home to drastically cut out major debt so any income I earn can be placed on the car loan. I want to tell him but that would highly upset him. He has more than enough to pay to get the car back right now, but he would probably never trust me again. I am trying to get the willpower to tell him, but I don't know how :noes:

I am 95% sure I can get the car back on my own without him even knowing it was gone, but it's that 5% I am worried about

4. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

If you can do it yourself, then great. But remember not to let pride and/or fear prevent you from getting things done...do what you must to get this problem solved so you can put it behind you and concentrate on the next.

5. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

if you are not going to let him know, and you are now sure that all bases are covered, then you now don't need to worry!!

you don't have to do anything, just let things reassert themselves!!

(or are you worried he might find out?? )

6. blackgrrl23

I'm not worried he may find out :hs: I'm just worried about the amount of money I have to pay to get the car back ($1000+ in 14 days)...I'll get it somehow :noes:

7. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

what about your bf, does he have the funds to support this?? and you can pay him back??

I would personally go for my grand father, because he is family; your bf isn't currently committed enough ...

so, it is all up to you!!

(or can you get it yourself?? maybe only time will tell with this agency you are in ... ;) )

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its even in the bible 'never lend money' , i hope you learned your lesson from this.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You got a loan for $500 but have to pay $1000? :confused:

and what kind of school is your kid going to? why not public school?

10. blackgrrl23

It's one of those extremely-high-interest loans....I will never do that again :ugh:

My son is 3 and he goes to a preschool....expensive but worth it...

11. johan

johan Active Member

Don't some states have laws against usury?

12. blackgrrl23

I sent my grandfather an email at 12 noon....still waiting for a response :noes:

I'm scared because I know he's gonna be pissed but I deserve whatever's coming to me...just trying to enjoy what little moment of peace I have here...my parents are home now and I told them the car got towed to be fixed to stall for time :o