i dont know what to say to this

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by itsmevishal2k4, Nov 14, 2008.

1. itsmevishal2k4

itsmevishal2k4 OT's Resident Brownie

Hello,
    I`m Sgt. XXXXXXXXXX. You have to know that the 2005 ACURA TL I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 27,992 miles. The VIN # is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior looks like it just came off the assembly line.You can see more pictures at :http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/qq206/23ddd_2008/2005honda_album/?start=all
    I am located in Madrid Spain . and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2800 USD. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days.
    As I know that my current situation is pretty special, I have done some researching and I have found a service that will be able o help us both with this transaction. I have found out that in this particular situation we can use eBay. I already apply for this program and extended its eligibility so it will work normally for both of us. They have developed a program called "Vehicle purchase protection program".
    Here is how it works:
    1. First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, shipping address and telephone number.
    2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
    3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices (email forms).
    4. After you will make the payment in an eBay trust fund account and confirm it to them they will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 10 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
    5. If the car is not as I told you or have some problems, or is not as described, they will refund you 100%. There is no risk in this deal. I don't touch your money until you receive and inspect the car. The transaction is simple so everything should go as planed. If you will decide that you will not buy the car there will be no need to ship it back because I will surely find a buyer in your area.

Thanks in advance!

2. Variant

Variant Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

the correct response would be to send him a picture of goatse.cx

3. LarryZ

LarryZ i love sticky rice

sounds legit to me :dunno:

if you not buying it I would take it from you. $2800 for a TL, come on, that amount of cash cant even get you a civic in moderate condition.....

4. Mr3GTP

Mr3GTP OT Supporter

Is he Nigerian?

5. itsmevishal2k4

apparently spanish

6. itsmevishal2k4

go right ahead, i found him on craigslist and jumped on it for the 2800, there wasnt much info on the page though, thats why i emailed him

7. Variant

Variant Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

please tell me you aren't serious.

8. aCab

aCab New Member

9. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

First of all, no branch of the US military will ship a POV (Personally Owned Vehicle) for any service member using military transport/aircraft. Yes, some members are authorized to ship their POVs when they PCS overseas, but military aircraft are never used, I believe they use ships. They go through specific contractors and all that is done through traffic management. Furthermore, I don't think anyone but the owner/service member can receive the vehicle. This clearly reeks of bull shit.

10. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 Active Member

Good deal, sounds legit. Hope all over it before its gone.

11. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Smells of bull to me. If you are seriously thinking about buying I can see if I can find the guy on the Ranger Forums that had his ranger shipped to Germany since he was stationed there for a good, long term.

12. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

any service member can have his vehicle shipped to most bases, granted he's gonna be PCS'd there for a long time. But to ship a vehicle to sell it to someone else, the military is not gonna be doing that for you.

13. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Spangerian?

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Moroccan, you mean.