I don't know what to do with this car...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BlackWRX, Jan 17, 2005.

1. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

I forgot to take good before shots..But I honestly don't think this car has ever been cleaned. I completely destroyed two claybars trying to clean this beast. There were about 10 pounds of dirt soaked into the paint and it looked like someone had sprayed flat black spraypaint all over the car(they didn't, but it looked like it.) When I rubbed my hands over the paint it felt like there were pimples on the paint. Here is a shot I took before claybaring, but the car is wet so it looks a little glossy..

[​IMG]

Now when I first washed the car, most of the water was almost completely soaked up by the dirt in the paint. I spent 3 HOURS claybaring it until it was smooth.

Now here is my problem: I can't get the haze out of the paint. I started with some deep crystal paint cleaner then no 7 show car glaze. I waxed with no. 26 hi tech yellow wax and the paint is really dull still.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now it is still a huge improvement from what it started out as, but I still can't get it to shine.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It is hard to say for sure, but I think you may have such bad and tight orange peel that wetsanding is your only option. My brother had a '93 626 like that.

You might want to try an abrasive paint cleaner, like Meguiars #80 (you will have to order online or go to www.meguiars.com and use their professional product distributor locator). Meguiars Deep Crystal products are chemical, not abrasive cleaners. If #80 makes a noticable improvement, you are heading in the right direction.

3. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Alright thanks.