SRS I don't know what to do anymore about anything...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

School, moving, girl, I don't know what do with any of it.

School. Right now I'm at junior college. This is the middle of my fourth year right now. I finally decided at the end of last year to pursue an accounting major and am going ahead with that. I'm just really frustrated with how school is going right now. My second year (managerial) accounting class is just frustrating with most everything detailed in this thread. I've already registered for next year's classes, but didnt re-register for this class. The only possible thing right now is the waitlist, and I can't even do that because I haven't payed my fees yet. More on this in the moving section. But I'm not sure if I should pay them yet. I'm afraid of not getting at least a C and not being able to take it next semester and screwing up me transferring to either CSU San Marcos or CSU San Diego.

Moving. I've had plans for many months now to move to San Diego with my buddy, go to the junior college down there for a semester and get all my pre-reqs done to get into the business program at either of the universities I mentioned, and go there. Now I'm not sure what to do. I keep looking at rent and I'm not sure. I have $1200 saved up right now, and will hopefully have $2000 saved up by the time we'd be ready to move in mid-January. That'd only cover three months rent plus some food. I still have a car payment and all the other bills a normal 21 year old has. I know I can't go to school full-time and carry a job to give me enough money for everything, and I'm not sure my parents can help me. For some reason I can' talk to my dad about it just because we never have had the relationship a lot of fathers and sons have had. And I'm not sure if I can go down there and concentrate on the classes that I have to have like I should be doing. Plus, I don't want to move into a shitty apartment and worry about all the things that go along with that. The reason I haven't payed my fees for the JC here is because I'm not sure whehter I should stay up where I'm at or move down there.

Girl. First off, she's my ex. I know everyone says "get rid of the ex, it only makes your life harder." I don't know what to do anymore. We broke up in September, talked, decided to try and make things work a little bit more about three or four weeks ago. We got stressed out right before Thanksgiving from a lot of things and made some mistakes with each other. I felt like she lied to me, I yelled at her like I've never yelled at anyone and it's put us at a position where we don't know what's best. She has issues she needs to fix, and a lot of them deal with me. I have issues I need to fix, and a lot of them deal with her. And we have our issues together we need to fix. The big thing though is I need to fix my anger. I've been going to counseling since late September about it and thought I was better until last weekend. She told me earlier today she wants to fix things between us with no commitments, and I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure if things are better with her in my life or without her in my life. When I'm stressed out, I can turn to her and talk more than anyone else I know, including my parents and she can help me. Right now that's all I can do with her, but I stll think about a relationship with her because I know that's what we both want down the road. I don't know what I can do with her right now. Part of me thinks having her to help me and keep me sane is the best and working on things with her is the best, part of me says it isn't.

I'm just a mess right now. I've been crying about all of this for the past two hours now. I'm just stressed about everything. I don't know if moving is right for me, I'm scared of school, I don't know what's right with the girl.

2. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

I know how you feel with the talking to your dad. I have a very strange relationship with my parents that has prevented me from talking to them about personal issues and/or any problems really. It's a tough situation. If you can talk to your ex-girlfriend then do. You need someone to talk to right now, and if she's the only one at the moment then do it. However, if you aren't together then don't make the mistake of still acting as if you are. That can make things more confusing. It sounds like you're on a break and that both of you are leaving the option of getting back together open.

As far as school and moving goes, I would suggest looking at everything practically. Money is a big issue and it is also a stressful one. I would not move if you feel you won't be able to support yourself. I would either save up more and postpone your move, or get your pre-reqs out of the way where you are now.

It sounds like you're in a tough spot and I really hope things get better for you. Maybe seek some advice from an advisor at your school or a professor about how to go about getting your degree. They can be a real help sometimes and that's what they're paid to do.

3. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I'm just in a mixed bag. I hate living here so much, I have nothing here. I have two good friends anymore and that's it. One is moving regardless of what I do probably, and the other is the ex, and who knows where that goes. But I think it might be the best decision to stay here.