SRS I don't know what to do about my sister's boyfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mars Princess, May 13, 2005.

1. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

She and her boyfriend come in the house after being out late at night (probably sleeping in her car) and they come in and EAT FOOD all day long. They use the internet , laze around, and then have started leaving right before my parents get home. I am SO sick of waking up at 8 or 9 in the morning and seeing him laying around the HOUSE. WTF!! my parents are teachers so they will be at home in a few weeks to make sure this doesn't happen, but until then, what should I do to rectify this situation?

I have been told by my parents that we can't boot him out for trespassing if someone in the house lets him in but is there some loophole? He has ruined my parent's house and I wanthim out

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This sounds like normal behavior for a teenager. You need to try to focus on your own life, and not big sis's.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Get a boyfriend of your own. Might put this into a different perspective.

4. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

Tell your parents to do something or just be a huge bitch to her BF constantly and maybe he will get sick of it and leave. Take a fog horn to his ear or some shit like that, mace him.

5. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

I think you have 2 options:

1. Stake it out until the parents are home to sort it out.

2. Sort the problem out yourself, by confronting your sis and her bf.

Both simple solutions, and easily do-able!!

(the first one will end up with more frustration, whilst seeming the easy way out, whereas the second will at least make them aware of your feelings!!)

6. Incog91

Incog91 Guest

Are you a guy? Even though my sister is 5 years older I've had some choice words with her boyfriends to make sure no funny stuff happens.

I guess I'm a protector.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would adapt this stance and apply it on your situations if i where you, or at least give it a try,.

8. There is nothing you can do [within reason] that I'm aware aside from making your feelings known.

9. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

you could burn the house down,,,,,he wouldn't be able to abuse it anymore then!

Or you're gonna have to put up with it till your parents get home and take care of the situation.

10. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

1) tell your sister. 2) tell him.

11. Mars Princess

This is affecting MORE than me. It is affecting my parents who now might have to pay to tow his car out of our driveway and fix our drivewya which may cost up to 500 dollars, because of deed restrictions. I am here to help out my parents while saving money and I hate to see them setback by this jack ass

I go to work and I have my own life. I don't need a boyfriend to see this from a differnet perspective because there isn't a different perspective top consider. I approached my sister about this but she doesn't want to listen to me

Today I saw that he put our ADDRESS as his mailing location when he lives somewhere else. I think he is gradually trying to move in here. I feel powerless. :wtc: I really wish my parents woudl toughen up and sue him for money or get a restraining order against him

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Driveway repair? Car tow? Deed restrictions?

13. johan

johan Active Member

THE CAR:
    Put his car into neutral, and push it out of the driveway.
    Get it parked onto the curb several meters away from the front of your house.
    Leave it there for a few days.
    Call the city and report it as a derelict car.
    Someone will come by and slap a red sticker on the windshield informing the owner to remove said car.
    Some time will elapse.
    If car is still there, city will come and remove it.
    End of problem.

THE MOVE-IN
    How does boyfriend have access.
    If he has the key, remove key.
    If he is getting access thru little sis, then, sit back and let parents deal with it.

The fact that you don't like what happening in your parents house, well, when its YOUR house you can make the rules. The fact that you apparently don't care to see this from any perspective but your own tells me a lot about you.

If you work and you're so ably employed why not move out? If this situation isn't bothering your parents, why do you feel you're empowered to decide what is acceptable and what isn't.

I certainly agree that this guy sounds like a worthless deadbeat. But that's who your sister wants, and your parents seem ok with it. If you don't like it, leave.

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If that is you in the pic with the communist shirt... demand that your other communist friend take you in. My communist friends are like that. You know... "commune."

15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

there's no other viewpoint to consider? there's ALWAYS another viewpoint to consider. You and I have crossed paths before, and you seem to have the mindset that you know everything, and everyone who doesnt see things the way you do is wrong and an idiot.

The world is not black and white. The boyfriend, while from your story seems to be a deadbeat, may not be. Your story is most definitely biased to only show the side of him you want us to see in order for us to agree with you on him being a deadbeat. Also, you know there's nothing we can say/do to help you solve this, so you only posted it to try to get a cheering squad.

There could be any number of possible reasons why things are happening the way they are. Ultimately its your parents house, and if they are willing to foot the bill for this guy, then its none of your business. If you're helping them financially (beyond paying rent and your share of food, etc) and you disagree strongly enough, then withhold your financial help. Dont be surprised if they tell you to live on your own if you do that though.

Last, but not least, have you even considered ASKING them what's going on, why he's doing all this stuff? Or have you just assumed he has bad intentions and prejudged him a deadbeat asshole?

think about it.

16. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

:Ownedd:

17. Mars Princess

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I didn't come here for a cheerleading squad. I was asking what could be done within the confines of the law. Someone listed an answer above that we had not thought of and now I will present this idea to my parents. this is what I was looking for and I got it. I didnt' come on here for a fuckin pity party.

The asylum is for people to vent as well as seek answers, so what's it to you if i WAS seeking some sort of comfort? I know not everyone is going to agree with my side but why should I be in the wrong for feeling the way I do when I see what he is doing to my family?

If someone comes and murders everyone in my house in cold blood, I guess I shouldn't get mad becauase I am biased and not looking at the situation with another perspective? :rofl:

I can see the boy's potential to be a good person, but right now he has done little but use our house to his advantage and has ruined parts of my parent's house in the process. I am not always here to police things and monitor the situation, but they just stopped up the toilet upstairs in addition to ruining the guest bathroom downstairs, so I think it IS my business when facilities in the house I live in, that I also use, are being ruined...

Going back to the issue of perspective, someone said that if I had a boyfriend I would have a different perspective. Having a boyfriend wouldn't help me see where my sister is coming from because I wouldn't even act like her when it comes to my boyfriend.

I didn't want to write a fuckin essay so I did leave some things out. Lastly, my parents are not happy with the situation, but they have not been able to come up with a solution to make the house less tense and to get it through to my sister and to her boyfriend that they are disrespecting their house. I see how much stress it causes my mother and this saddens me. But oh, I'm some know it all attention whore whose only complaining because I want sympathy? Uhhh no. I feel for my parents.

Up till now, I haven't been able to communicate with my sister or her boyfriend. They BOTH seem oblivious to any attempts at finding some middle ground and having them understand that what they are doing is costing my parents an untold amount of money.

I'm being told to mind my own business when this idiot is tearing up my parent's house and making my pregnant sister drive his stupid ass around when she should be home. I care enough about my sister (however dumb she is acting) and about my parents to make it my business

When you bring stuff up or ask him what's up, he doesn't want to say anything. My sister will usually talk for him. I try to politely address things and I am cut off by my sister or he just refuses to really speak up and apologize or give an explanation. I'm not prejudging him because I've seen how he reacts to stress: he doesn't react at all.

but oh wait, I guess I should be oblivious too and forgive him for causing hundreds of dollars worth of damage in the house house because I need to see it from a different perspective :ugh:

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  18. johan

johan Active Member

So with your parents permission to act as their proxy, kick him out. Change the locks.

Oh wait, your parents haven't given you permission to act as their proxy? Why is that I wonder.

He's such an asshole and destroying (apparently) parts of the house and yet your parents seem powerless to get rid of him? What's up with that?

So what does he say when you ask him directly, why are you doing XYZ (whatever it is you don't like).

19. Mars Princess

He doesn't say much but "ok" when you speak to him directly. My sister intervenes and will usually speak for him. My parents are not home all of the time because they work and when they are there, he is asked to leave in a timely fashion if he has no business there. The problem si that my sister keeps letting him in the house when they are not there. They won't get out with me there. I can't call the police on them to leave because my sister lives there and becauaes the police says that my sister allows him in. as long as this happens, there isn't much the police can do. This is why I originally came to this forum..to see if there was a loop hole, and to see if othier people had experienced something similar

20. I think people are not really listening to what Mars is saying. I think she really needed to talk about this without judgment.

21. johan

johan Active Member

Sounds like you and your parents need to talk to your sister. Not this dude.

22. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

get your parents to give you, in writing, permission to ask him to leave the property. Then if you request him to leave and he doesnt, you can have him arrested for trespassing, since the property owners have the final say.

23. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Tell him next time he stays at your house you'll cut his nuts off in his sleep. Be serious about it, im not kidding, hell never show his face again.

24. johan

johan Active Member

And THAT is known as "uttering a threat" in police lingo around here.
    Bingo, you have just handed the asshole boyfriend a huge bargaining chip to be used against you.

So instead of the police being powerless to stop him because the sister invited him in, now the boyfriend can have a charge brought against you if he wanted to.

:rolleyes:

25. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

seconded motion!!

(or even better, get yourself a bf, and he can deal with it for you!!

or, wait, you can move out?? hmmm, gotta wonder ...)