I don't get it V. An old Ex called me

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BadKat, Jan 31, 2010.

1. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

.....out of the blue. Okay, not old in like, it's been 8 years. But old as in, we broke things off quite acrimoniously a year and a half ago. He contacted me roughly 6-8 months after that at work, we talked for ten minutes (ten minutes too long), then exchanged a few emails where I made it quite clear that I didn't think having him in my life was a good thing and I never heard (nor wanted to hear) from him again.

Lately I haven't been right on top of checking my voicemails, either at home or on my cell. I usually look to see if it's a number I recognize, figuring if it's an emergency or really important, they'll keep trying me. When I checked my VM on my cellphone last night, there was a message from him. It was a pretty long message containing a whole lot of nothing. He called "to check in on things", he got a bit "curious" when I apparently took down a webpage and asked me why I changed my VM greeting from Katherine to Kat (which is what the majority of my friends call me and that's usually who's calling my cell anyway). He never called me Kat because he said it sounded too childish. Yet this is the same guy who played more mind games then most HS girls :uh:

Why would a guy do that? It seems like such a chick (or rather, bitch) thing to do :dunno: I mean, I've had one of my Ex's who still sees some of my old friends occasionally relay messages like when he had to put "our" cat to sleep a year ago. But he doesn't call me directly. I've only had one Ex (the cat guy :mamoru: ) whom I've contacted since breaking up. I've never called a guy a year and a half after breaking things off just to randomly "check in".

Besides, he has my email, he could have emailed me instead of calling :dunno:

2. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

The more important question is- why do you care?

3. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

In a way I don't. I have no interest in seeing him, or hearing from him. I still have his email address if I really needed to get in touch with him (not that I have any reasons to). I think I'm more confused as to why someone would call and leave a VM to "check in" when you haven't spoken to them in over a year.

I call and "check in" with friends I don't talk to regularly, but it's certainly not a year later.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Maybe he's just polling for the poon?

6. VA197

VA197 New Member

I've had this happen. It's unnerving, isn't it? I certainly don't know about your ex, but in my case, it turned out that he had broken up with his girlfriend and was going through his list of old girlfriends looking for prospects to reconnect with. Seemed he had some fond memories and had some insane idea that if he sweet talked me that I would drop my boyfriend and go back to him.

I had to make it clear to him, time and time again, that he was an ex for a reason, and there was no chance that he and I were ever getting back together again.

Seems he thought he was much more irresistable and a much better boyfriend than he ever really was. Ego...interchangeable with delusion in some people.