SRS I don't feel therapy is working...should I try meds?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Speed_Demon1965, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

I've been to therapy for a little over a month now and I really don't feel it's helping. For awhile I was feeling decent, but now I'm just in a shit hole again. I just don't know. I feel like therapy is for the people who are easily convinced, if that makes any sense. He can set a goal for me to do something, but the fact is I'm too nervous to do the goal so I don't do it.

I'm really fucking sick and tired of feeling like this, this shit is dragging on way too fucking long. I hear horror stories about meds and I also hear praises about how great they are. Please enlighten me. :hs:

2. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Look, if you are not going to change the things in your life which need changing you are not going to get "better." Meds will not change the fact you live in a situation which is not conducive to mental health or your well being. Meds can only really work if you take the initiative to improve your life and the behavior which is problematic.

3. johan

johan Active Member

You should discuss your feeling of lack of progress with your therapist.
    Deciding for yourself that you "need meds" isn't really a good step.

Your therapist is there for a reason. Talk this over with him/her.

Feeling frustrated is a normal part of therapy.
    It will be one of the more difficult things you do in life.
    That sucks but the alternative is even worse: to just keep living your crap life as it previously was.

So talk to your therapist about this.
    That's what they're there for.