SRS I don't even know how to begin talking to her...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dorn, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I'm not sure if I'm just at loss of words or just intimidated.

Basically, there's a girl in my human sexualities class that is absolutely beautiful. Probably one of the most beautiful girls I've seen in my life.

If I heard correctly on the first day of class, she just moved here from Washington. I figured that'd give me a good way to break the ice, but I never got the chance to say anything to her, and the next time I see her will be our 4th week of class.

I have no clue about her age. I have no clue where exactly she lives. I honestly have no clue about anything about her. All I know is that I want to go talk to her and see where it goes, but something is holding me back.

The class is only once a week, for three hours. So help me on this. What the hell do I say to her? I sat in front of her today, but that's it. The other class meetings, we've exchanged glances a lot, no clue if that means anything though. I just need some suggestions on what to say to her, and how "aggressive" to come off. I don't want to just be friends with a girl anymore, I'm sick of that shit. I'm looking at her thinking either girlfriend or nothing, and I need to show that.

2. Spaulding Smails

Spaulding Smails Real Estate Guru

Deciding you need a gf or nothing is the wrong mentality to have... If you decided you would consider settling down if the right girl came along... That is the right attitude... Just talk to her when there is a dull moment... "What do you think of this class" segway to majors/where live/where from... Crack a few jokes, tell her she seems pretty cool, and tell her you'd like to grab a beer sometime... You've built this shit up too much in your mind... Let it all go, it isn't a big deal....

3. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

1) Relax
    2) Be confident in your words and actions
    3) Give her space, so you don't look like a desperate bastard
    4) BE YOURSELF

4. lilxyoshi

lilxyoshi Nerdy PreMed

I Agree with this post whole-heartedly.

Well, if she is really beautiful, it would be better to sit behind her most of the time so you can look at her all you want without her knowing that you really are looking at her

makes sense?

talk about the class, even if you understand something, ask her to carefully explain it to you just so you could start a conversation with her.

dont be afraid to crack jokes a couple of times if you know that they would be funny anyways. you know?

then try to get in a study group with her, after that group is over ask her if shes tired or if she wants to go grab a bite to eat.

the trick is not to seem so desperate and be yourself.

hope this helps.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Asking her out to eat is a big step, if you're doing it too soon after just sounding her out.

Talk to her. You should know if she seems interested or not.

Since you're on campus, go somewhere on campus. Stop with the offers to "show her around the city"...

This is a simple matter. Keep it simple.

Oh and don't sit behind her and stare at her. That's a great way to be the "creepy guy who sits and stares at me". Girls can feel being stared at, and believe me, it's not at all attractive.

In doing so, you're basically sending the dual messages of: 1) you're hot (she knows it, duh) and 2) I feel that I have no chance with you, you're way above me

Instead approach her as though she's not super-hot, don't put her on that pedestal. Approach her as a friendly equal. Be interested in her for something other than hotness.

Imagine yourself to be super-hot, popular, fun and attractive.

You'd just smile at her, maybe talk to her a bit, laugh a little and crack a few jokes. If she laughs and seems warm and open to you, great. Drop this on her: "I got a hour before next class, meeting a few friends and grabbing a pizza over at [insert name of student building with pizza place in it]. wanna come?"

Now a super-hot, popular, fun and attractive guy, would NOT skulk behind her, staring at her during the whole class, glassy eyed, only to quickly glance away when she turns around to see who's the creep that's staring at her.

And a super-hot, popular, fun and attractive guy would NOT silently follow her out of class wishing he could summon the courage to talk to her, but end up doing nothing except staring at her ass from 20 paces behind.

Truth is, you don't need to be super-hot. Just have some confidence in yourself.

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

^ good suggestions. the most important thing stated is to avoid looking desperate. girls can sense a desperate man and are turned off by that. also the "putting her on the pedastal" comment is very true. the more you think she is perfect, the less chance you'll have to act as yourself and actually be able to talk to her without being nervous. trust me, i've learned from experience but luckily i've always had my 2nd chances.

7. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

Anxiety must really really suck...

8. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

Sit by her and fart.
    Then ask if she did it, hehehehe

9. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I think I'm getting the most out of johan's post. Thanks. I'll hopefully talk to her next week, we'll see what happens though.