I Do and I Don't

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mazdadrvr, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mazdadrvr

mazdadrvr New Member

So heres the dealio:

I met this girl at work, and she is great to be with and is really pleasant to talk to. Im 19, shes 25. Also, she is a bit slow in conversation and has constant tremors in her hands. Ive asked her out on a date and she was thrilled, however, I backed out at the last minute. I havent been able to talk to her since and I feel terrible. Shes been constantly leaving messages on my phone that she wants to get together, but I'm having strange mixed feelings about it. After a while, it gets really annoying waiting 10 seconds for a response to a question. Should I at least go out with her once or forget about it?

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How are you waiting 10 seconds for a response if she is leaving your voicemails? I don't get it.

3. Two toys

Two toys New Member

he said she's slow in conversation.

as in she's got some sort of mental handicap... basically he asked out a retard.

4. razi

razi New Member

give her a chance. never know what you're missing until you try.

I know a ex-methhead who's kind of like that... cept she's jittery also. it's really weird.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Whoops, missed that part.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I dated a guy who had been in a horrible accident (way prior to us dating), and was a tad slow in speech and many other things. I still feel guilty to this day because even though he was a nice guy I would get very annoyed with how long it took him to process a lot of things. I might not have given him enough of a chance, but oh well, it just wasn't meant to be. So do what you think man. I mean you might go on a date with her and really start to like her, or maybe not. The more important issue is you can't ignore her because it is just rude.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

not necessarily. if she has tremors, it could be a motor problem. It might simply be harder for her to speak than others.

Not all disabilities are mental.

8. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

nail & bail ftw

9. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

My $.02

By going on a date with her, you're not making a lifelong commitment. Also, you're not the most shallow SOB if you find her disability inhibiting to forming a romantic relationship with her.

However, like Lady G said, to just ignore is disrespectful. I take it you got along well with this person before, perhaps considered her a friend. She sounds like someone you need to be a little more explicit with setting relationship boundaries, which is tough, but will be easier in the long run.