SRS I could of stopped him *LONG*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BBQ Monster, Feb 17, 2005.

1. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

This past weekend was a real eye opener. One of my good friends ended up in the hospital, due to alcohol. His stomach was in his throat, because the alcohol burned the lining of his stomach, causing him to puke blood every five minutes. Seeing my friend like that made me realize you do not have to drink too have fun. I mean I love this guy like a brother, and seeing him like that made me think that life is too short to waste it doing nothing. He drank a whole bottle of fire water. Which is a 100 proof.... He is a big guy and all but all, but that did alot of damage. Now he has too take medicine for the rest of his life and watch what he eats. I am happy he is out now, and his life style is going to change drastically.

This is what happened, we were all playing quarters and (he is not so good at it). We got him drunk,and he just kept drinking. It got to the point too where we had to carry him. We knew he had alcohol poisoing, or something along those lines. And we tried so hard too get him too the car, but little me and my friend Amanda ( his GF) could not lift him, I started bowling and crying, because he NEEDED medical attention. Then, he started puking right before I was going to call the ambulance, we could not tell if it was blood because the stuff he was drinking was red. He finally stopped puking and he felt fine, he was drunk a little still but was walking and talking and acting like himself again. He finally got sober and we thought everything was going too be okay. The next morning he was fine, he then left and later down the road he started to puke blood, and he was then rushed too the hospital. We all feel responsible for what happened, and too see your friend in ICU due too something we could of prevented, it just opens your eyes. Sorry for the length, I just wanted to rant due too what happened. It was realy bad. I feel responsible for him almost dying. He lost so much blood due too our stupidity, and I just feel if I could of done something then he would of not had too of lived through the pain he went through. Sorry for the length, I just needed too get this stuff off my chest.

2. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

:Hugs:

Although it did, you never intended for this to happen. You were all just trying to have a good time, and ended up making bad choices. You may or may not have encouraged him, but it was his choice to drink. Probably wouldnt have happened if you wern't using such strong alcohol. :wtc:

It's good that you eventually did get him to the hospital and that they are/did treat[ing] him. The only thing you can really do is just learn from the experience, be there for each other, and move on.

Seeing people that sick by their own actions is a very sobering experience.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Don't blame yourself.

You couldn't have really prevented this. Even if you'd have wrenched the bottle out of his hands and threw it away, a big fight probably would've ensued, and then maybe he would've got wasted the next day. Or the next weekend. Or some other time.

At least this way, you were there to bring him to the hospital.

It's very sad to see, I sympathise with you, but don't take this guilt on yourself.
    He's responsible for himself. He always has been. Only now, *HE* sees that too.

4. CBBaller

CBBaller keira is below.

It's not your fault. Alcohol can be fun, but it can also be extremely dangerous if someone doesn't know when to stop. And I agree with the people above. If a person chooses to drink, they are responsible for whatever happens. It was their choice to drink.