I choke under pressure

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by korverftw, Apr 17, 2009.

1. korverftw

korverftw New Member

and I'm not talking about sex. I'm a 21 year old, friendly but introverted regular dude who has no social skills whatsoever (I spend my nights practicing guitar instead of going out). Story: I was sitting in my classroom, half daydreaming and listening to my mp3 player about 5 minutes before class Monday. Out of nowhere I felt a tap on my shoulder...it made me jump a bit and I turned around and it was a pretty good looking girl (who I've never talked to) who starts talking to me before I can even get my headphones off. I asked her to repeat what she said and she was asking about a really stupid/easy homework problem. She kept asking questions and giggling, while all the "game" I thought I had pretty much just instantly vanished. I think the only word I said the whole conversation was "yeah..." then at the end of the convo she's like "how did I not get that? I'm retarded! Hehehe!" and I said "wow nice job." which was meant to be in a funny/cocky tone. She giggled again and walked back to her seat. I haven't talked to her since. Looking back she was clearly hitting on me (why would she randomly come talk to ME out of the 10-15 people already in class? Some of which she already knows). and I blew it. This happens often. Discuss.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

How do you know you blew it? Sounds like it went well. She wasn't like "OMG i picked the WRONG person to talk to, holy crap you're a dumb ugly LOSER!!!"

One of two things happened:

1. Dude, a chick opened you. You're obviously giving of attractive vibes without even trying. That actually puts you ahead of where you think you're at.

2. You were the least threatening person in the room (like maybe everyone else was all thug gangbanger looking and she assumed they a) wouldn't know the answer anyway and b) be creepy). But it doesn't sound like this is it since she was all giggly and flirty with you... unless she's one of those chicks who is giggly and flirty all the time, in which case she's annoying and you shouldn't care that you think you blew it :rofl:

Go talk to her again.

Go up to her and tap her on the shoulder and be like "hey, this time it's my turn to ask you a question" and take it from there. You can ask her a math question or whatever from class or something else.

omg I wish I could be back in college again knowing what I know now :hs:

3. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I didn't even think about trying that. Since then she hasn't flirted with me at all so she may have given up because she thinks I'm not interested since I haven't done ****. Maybe on Monday I'll go ask her what she has for an answer and see if I can get some solid flirtation.

4. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yeah go talk to her again

5. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I'll try. I know I'll chicken out before I can do anything though. Hopefully she just asks for my number.

6. filho do deus

filho do deus New Member

seriously brah, she could say no. then what. tell me what happens after she says no, cause i cant come up with any good answers. you tell me what happens

7. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

well thats a positive perspective.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No dude. Be proud and confident if you ask her out. I wish I knew that in college. I asked chicks out, but I wasn't as confident as I should've been.

Her answer doesn't matter, what matters is you did it confidently.

Besides, the more confident you are, the more she will subconsciously be attracted to you, which will help your chances.

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Having a girlfriend is killing me right now ..... so many opportunities ive chosen to let go

10. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

You could also find a question like the one she had an issue with and playfully ask her if she had issues with that one too... Whatever you feel more comfortable with doing... But as previously stated confidence is a necessity. If she sees your not really confident she will be morelikely to be less "friendly"...

11. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Good advice in here

but this probably won't happen. You need to make a plan to get her number. There are tons of threads on how to do these things so explore a bit and see what you find that will work for you.

12. GTP

GTP New Member

You could go about it this way:

1. Go up to her, tap her on the shoulder and ask her a question about something in class.
    2. Then after she answers (even if she doesnt know) say that you already knew the answer and was using it as an excuse to ask her if she wants to do (insert activity here) this weekend.
    3. Get her number.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Agreed. Chances are very slim that she would ever ask for your number.

You need to not worry about getting a phone number at this point. Instead you need to focus on talking to her and creating rapport and "vibing" with her in class. Once you both are vibing well then you can ask her to hang out outside of class, or ask her to put her number into your phone.

Most importantly though you need to work on your self-confidence and inner self. This is the wrong attitude to have:
    If you're saying this ^ to yourself, then you have already failed.

14. tpliquid

tpliquid Oh hi, My GF has been upgraded ^ OT Supporter

next time come bit later than she does and then sit next to her.

15. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

she's probably all "oh man i blew it blah blah". by which i mean she probably feels the same way and barely even noticed your own lack of game. talk to her next time you see her?

16. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

i dunno, maybe you're looking into it too much. maybe she was just asking about the homeowork/assignment and thats it.

17. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

I have the same problem, but I gave up on it. I'll let life come at me and hit me like a truck, leaving pieces behind.

18. korverftw

korverftw New Member

Will see if I can get enough courage to do anything Monday morning and report back.

19. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Dude, wtf? Sorry to be blunt, but man the fuck up. It's a human being, and you need to "get enough courage" to go talk to her? Why? I just don't understand this rationale in thinking.

20. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

guys who are afraid of talking to girls, are just guys that don't get how to. its not what you say, its how you say it. if you make good eye contact, smile, talk clearly and are friendly, you are gold. it doesn't matter if you talk about elephants, just talk and build that rapport.

21. korverftw

korverftw New Member

Please. That's like someone who is a professional musician acting shocked and insulting a regular person who can't play a song on the piano. Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. The guy above me put it pretty well, I think.

22. Reign

Reign Banned

Do you play acoustic or electric? How good are you?

If you play acoustic and are semi-decent, this is easy. Take the fucking thing outside and play it. I swear, guitars in the hands of someone who can even play a song a girl will recognize is one of the biggest P-Magnets there is. Heck, i play metal... almost strictly thrash and it's still a huge P-Magnet.

Interesting talents = you are interesting. That's half the battle right there.

As for your current situation... you've already spoken with her. Did you get her name? Heck, you've got an opening right now "Hey, you asked me about that question the other day and you never told me your name". If she did tell you her name and you forgot it... you have someone else in the class, probably a dude prefiribly you know, go up to her and make an excuse to get her name. Then once you have your name... go up to her and say Hi and begin conversation. HOpefully conversation ends in you with a number, or better yet going to grab a drink or a bite.

23. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I have an acoustic but don't know many pretty songs on it. I play a Gibson Explorer which has never received one compliment from anybody except nerds who listen to Iron Maiden and Coheed and Cambria :lol:. Maybe I will bust out the acoustic and try that, though. I'm going to psyche myself into doing it on Monday. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for the response.

24. Reign

Reign Banned

Well hell... learn the Johnny Cash version of hurt... that song is easy as shit. So is that Everlast song What It's Like... ummmm shoot. There are so many easy acoustic songs to play that people will recognize.

25. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I like coheed and they have a few that would probably make a girl instantly weep. I've just never bothered to learn. I'll have to do that :wiggle: