SRS i can't stop thinking about a girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by arsbu, Oct 8, 2007.

1. arsbu

arsbu New Member

the only problem is that the girl is a student of mine. i'm a grad student and and i'm her TA but we're actually the same age. she's a real cool girl and we've talked outside of class and we had a lot in common and she's definitely my type. i try not to think about her, but every time i do homework or something i would start to think about her. i have problems with getting girls like her out of my head. do you guys have any recommendations? i used to run long distances and that would usually clear my mind, but ever since my ipod died i couldn't run as far (music would typically keep me entertained so i run longer).

and i really have no choice because:
    1. i'm her TA
    2. i'm sure she's not interested in me

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why is this an issue? Won't you not be her TA when the semester is over?

3. arsbu

arsbu New Member

it's distracting me from actually getting anything done right now

it would all be fine at the end of the semester...

besides, i have a feeling she's not interested. maybe as a friend, but nothing outside of that.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ahh I see. I thought you were saying it as if dating her would be the end of the world. Well...I'm not sure why you think you could only just be a friend unless you tried asking her out. So if you are too afraid to ask her out then I mean the only way to try and not think about her is to use your willpower :dunno:

5. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

What's wrong with just hanging out with her for now? I've found for myself that if they are at least interested in being friends, it *could* lead to more than that. By the time that would possibly happen, the semester would more than likely be over, and if you spend some time with her, it could help you not think about her so much when she isn't around. That is what has worked for me in the past, you might be different though. :hs:

6. arsbu

arsbu New Member

i can't really spend time randomly with her though. it'll be awkward if i ask her to hang out outside of class. we can't hang out directly after class neither because we both have class. so i can't suggest grabbing lunch afterwards or something.

it would be nice if i can remember how my old TA first got me to hang out with her. but i think she would ask me to hang out while she was doing work in a lab i maintained so i never thought it was weird. plus we had one class together...

hanging out with her a bit would probably help me stop thinking about her as much though.