SRS I cant stick up for myself

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by frankdahtank21, Jun 16, 2008.

1. frankdahtank21

frankdahtank21 You have no fucking idea!

im guessing this is the best place to post this

im about to turn 19 and im currently living at home for the summer, and i have always had this emotional barrier that tells me that everything i do has to make my parents happy. for my birthday i really want to get a tattoo, nothing too drastic just an band on my upper arm. But my parents (especially my father) have very traditional views and they both really don't like tattoos. The funny thing is my older sister has two tattoos (one on her ankle and the other on her hip, both not visible) and my mom knows about them but my father doesn't. Well she may be able to hide them but I wont have the same privilege if it is on my arm.

idk if i should tell them that this is what i want, or just do it and they will find out eventually.

i wish i could just stick to my guns and say the hell with it and this is my life....:hs:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How long have you wanted this tattoo?

What meaning does it have to you?

3. frankdahtank21

i wanted to get one for prolly over a year now. As far as meaning goes, its just a way to signify that im my own person and something i really want to do.

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

your mom seems more flexible than your dad...
    talk to your mom about it before doing it.

usually when i wanna do something and i know my dad will disagree, i just talk to my mom...
    get her approval, and then she'll explain to my dad later if he ever brings it up.

sort of childish, but whatever im cool with it... and im 21 :mamoru::o

5. frankdahtank21

yea im thinking thats the best way to go. I really dont want to not tell them and have it be a surprise, but idk if i have the balls to tell me dad that i want to get a tattoo. But then again he has never told me not to get tattoos or anything for that matter ie: drinking, drugs, girls. He really never talked to me about any of that stuff, I had to figure everything out for myself. So im not one hundred percent sure how he would react to me getting a tattoo. He might be mad for a little but in a day or two he would be like "frank has a tattoo? yeah i saw it... whatever"

6. Guld

Guld 昇龍拳

I'm not sure this tattoo is really going to "signify that im my own person" if you have to ask mom and dad first.

7. dymondboy2f

dymondboy2f Second place is the first loser.

Just go get it already.