SRS I cant stand people who never say thanks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Apr 12, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Like really, dont you see it the way I do? It seems more and more people these days just tend to take things for granted in life. You hold the door open for someone and dont get a thank you or a smile...and next thing you know they will expect it everytime. I dont fuckin think so.

Its just the way I was brought up, I always say thanks for what others do for me. I never expect it, nor will I ever...but if they go out of their way for me I show them my appreciation back to them.

You know how I see it? No more Mr. Nice guy. Next time, they can open the door themself.

2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Those are the only people I give the "I told you so"

3. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

I don't expect a thank you EVERY time, but it is nice to hear. If there is give and take in any friendship or relationship then it's a good one. If it's a stranger that doesn't say thank you then I just shrug my shoulders and get on with life.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

There are some people like that, and it irks me too. I was raised to be polite, and I always say thanks. Examples of holding the door open for someone when you could easilyu walk through and let them catch the door, but when you do it they walk in without a thanks. It's rude.

5. EmiB

EmiB New Member

One of my co-workers is like that. He thinks hes hot shit... hes old, fat and rides a buell :greddy:

6. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

:hsugh:

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I don't really think there is a point to get upset about things like this... there are just too many people like that in the world, just don't open the door for them anymore.

8. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I usually tell everyone "you're welcome" regardless if I get the thanks or not. They get the idea. :)

9. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

bull?? :ugh2:

10. derivative

derivative OT Supporter

11. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

I usually thank my friends for things they do, like if they make me a drink or something, or smoke me down. But alot of my friends dont say anything and like why not? Its a word, but it means alot :wtc:

12. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

I feel ya. People take advantage of generosity and kindness and do not show mutual respect or courtesy. With that said, things should be done because you have it in you to do it, without expecting much in return. Some people won't ever recognize that you have done something nice and will not say thankyou. Being oblivious is all too common with some people but who knows...they may not thankyou now, but they may think of you fondly and remember when they do arrive at a stage where they can be more appreciative :)

13. miniml

miniml New Member

i hold the door open for old people, young(er) females, and couples. i usually get a thank you. if its a single male, he can do it his damn self.

i sometimes let girls cut in front of me in a line, followed by the "ladies first" line (they usually decline).

i am definitely the "nice guy", i definitely get walked on, and i am definitely under-appreciated,

14. EmiB

EmiB New Member

[​IMG]

Its a nice bike, but its small, it gets lost in teh dudes ass cheeks... LOL

15. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I always say thank you when someone holds open a door for me. I may not say it loud enough to where people can hear it but it is said. Ive had guys get up out of chairs when I walk into a room and there is no where to sit (this is normally older men 40's+ ) and have me take their chair and would be insulted if I didnt. But an elderly person comes into the same room and I am the youngest one in a chair my ass is standing.

I think its pushing it a little to hear thank you everytime you hold a door etc, though it may be customary to do so, people can be just plain rude.

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I always tell them "you're welcome" loudly if they don't say thank you. That generally does it, they will turn red faced and say thank you. I don't let the lack of thanks stop me from being nice to people though.

17. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yeah that drives me crazy too. I always say thanks when someone holds the door for me and I don't think it's too much to ask to expect them to say it back.

18. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your problem is that you layer your love with conditions , instead you should understand that the blessing lies in giving the love. So if you open the door, that is the blessing,not the expecting to get that love returned.

Its about giving unconditional love in its rawest form. Even Jesus in the bible warned about your 'thoughts' (and do not underestimate the power of thoughts)

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

19. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Since I'm a sick,dirty,crafty man I tend to make my revenge clean and the use r doesnt even know it's more. I expect thank yous for majority of stuff. Unless I can tell they appriciate my actions through other forms. But for the most part if you don't say thanks for what your givin around me, your just digging a whole. This mainly leads to why I love directors that make saw, saw II and the like.

20. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Nobody in India ever says thanks for anything. I got used to it. Its a cultural thing, and doesn't mean people are rude.

21. Vito_Corleone

Vito_Corleone New Member

I completely agree. Though, i WOULD say that i expect it. If i do something nice, i expect a "thanks" in return, it's just common courtesy. If i let you into my lane, toss a hand up, if i hold a door, say something or gimme a nod. I do think it should be expected. People are fucking assholes.

22. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

I do have a natural tendency of expecting a thank you when appropriate, but then again like Peyomp said, people grow up in different environments and values, and they're not always taught the same way we are. and just because they don't say thank you doesn't mean they don't 'thank' you.

23. Banana Mike

Banana Mike Guest

I'll always be polite, help out others, and expect nothing in return. You don't have to expect a thank you. Do it anyway. If they are appreciative then your effort has been worth your while. If they aren't then it's a lesson not to help that person again.