COMIC I can't stand a good majority of anime fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Grass Jelly, May 8, 2003.

1. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

First off I would like to say that I'm a big fan of Anime and have been so for quite some time now, so don't get the wrong idea.

But is it just me or do you guys get annoyed by other Anime fans or to be more precise mainly those found in anime forums. I haven't been able to become an active member of any major anime forum (save for this one, probably because posters here are also people from off-topic) for any extended period of time due to threads like these:

While the thread starts off fine, it gets progressively worse when they really start to vent.
    http://forum.anipike.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462

They come across as a mixture of jackasses, elitiest snobs, and probably losers at life. Half of them sound like they have been traumitized by teenage angst and belong in the anime sleep over pic posted by Trishield . Hearing them whine just makes me cringe.

I dunno, as a long time fan I have found that I just can't relate to a lot of other anime fans or share in their pain as being "outcasts"... or whatever role they choose to cast themselves in.. or maybe I just can't stand otakus?

Anyone else feel the same way? :hs:

2. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

i only post here and the SA anime forum. if i read anywhere else i get pissed off.

3. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

otaku = wannabe azn

4. makes me glad i'm not one of those elitist snobs.

;)

5. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

:werd:
    Everytime I skim through most anime forums I get the strange sensation of wanting to stab someone in the eye.

6. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

I try to avoid those as well, but Anime forums are absolutely teh worst.

7. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

bullshit! Anime forums attract some of the densest mofos...
    Dont tell me after reading the anipike thread you didn't get the urge of wanting to punch someone in the face.

Maybe there is a direct correlation between the two... maybe the people who frequent both types of forums are one in the same. :eek:

8. twofaze

twofaze H.N.I.C.

<---- only really watches anime...

discussing is usually to out there.....

feel like a comic book nerd then ;)

9. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

Outside a few friends, that pretty much the same category I'm in. :)

10. clover

clover Lucky in life

I just think some of the anime fans out there are creepy. Stopped by this anime showing here at the college ran by the "anime club." I left 5 minutes into the first episode.

11. Card

Card Guest

Anime conventions can be fun if you enjoy people watching. Some of these people get so obsessed with their favorite character, they'll refer to themselves in the 3rd person and refer to their "character" in the 1st person. It's pretty creepy.

And when they do those viewings and there's a reference to another anime or movie they know of, they all laugh outrageously like they're the only one that "gets it".

I'm happy I never got past they "simply enjoy watching it" stage and took it no further.

12. Corwin

Corwin Active Member

13. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

:rofl:
    everyone i know, in person, that likes anime is so absolutely retarded..i just try not to discuss it with them. they are overly hyper about the subject and if you don't know anything about the specific show or book they are talking about they simply can not believe it. they act as if it hasn't been around for 20+ years and there aren't a million different series'. i just get on these forums to learn about shows/books i haven't yet seen/read. it's a great source of information, but the discussions are somewhat ridiculous.

14. Malghanim

Malghanim My wee wee has been Stricken with Rigor Mortis

I just enjoy the stuff and dont discuss it with other people! Its like trying to break down every movie a person watches! I like this site cuz people give you a general idea of the story and tell you when you can download it. there isnt any crazy anime people of OT! They just help you get into it!
    And the anime section of OT never hate no matter what the hell you watch!

Some of those sites go nutz if you watched the dubbed version instead of the subbed! Go figure they r nuts!

15. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

:werd:
    and i've been watching anime since mid 80's (with my buds), we just enjoy it
    not like the ST fans (extreme)

16. Third Sight

Third Sight Guest

You must have seen the idiots at my school then ;).

A friend of mine started a club at our school called the Anime Club. No big deal right? Just a place to hang out with friends who share a common interest and watch some anime. Well it was at first, but man...
    ...was I ever the heck wrong.

I began to be refered as the bug from Inuyasha(some dumb ass anime with a guy who's half a cat who falls in love with some girl from the future who somehow manages to get back to the past through some well conviently located in her backyard.) I don't think they ever got to know my name. It was very creepy and if anyone else on these forums have seen what I've seen some of these dumb shits do, you'd probobly want to gouge your eyes out with a wooden spoon.

After a while, I attended another club at school that was on the same day as the Anime Club, which was a release from the Idiot Mafia (aka Anime Club). But one day, there was no club, so I decided to venture back to the good old AC and see what was going down.

The first thing I saw was this fat girl who's an Otaku(good lord, the agony), who happened to be carrying with her a cat-of-nine-tails (basically the whips they use in torture and stuff).

It's safe to assume that I ran out of that club meeting like a fat kid trying to catch up with the Ice Cream Man.

I think that if all the Otaku's in the world were like Otakon from MGS, the world would be a better place. And life MGS, Ninja's should be the ones to kill all these Otaku jerkoffs.

I mean, can anyone tell me why a grown man of 50 with a beer belly would want to dress in skimpy female outfits? Proof that the ever popular Man-Feye is the work of the Devil.