SRS I. Can't. Sleep.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Peyomp, May 10, 2005.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I am an insomniac. It hits me sometimes. Its hitting me now.

I already exercise heavily on my bicycle, and I avoid caffiene in the afternoon and evening and I am going to cut it out completely... aside from the morning tea. I need that fucking tea.

I can't <fends off malarial mosquito> sleep. I have at my disposal here various benzodiazepines, opiates, etc. that are totally legal. They don't have Sonata though. That is what puts me out in the US when this happens.

How long does habituation of a benzodiazepine take? Can you cycle them to avoid habituation? I was thinking of going between codiene syrups and benzo's to not habituate, until this sleep thing goes away. Cause its been weeks now, and I can't fucking sleep and its getting real old.

I'm going into the city tomorrow (don't want the villagers to think I'm a druggie, at the local pharmacy), and I'm gon get me some perfectly legal drugs.

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

i feel ya. been weeks for me, laying in bed from midnightesh to 6am, and nothing.... i have taken valium and zanax and ambien, and they all help make me calmer, less anxious but i still cant fall asleep. i run several miles every day, and dont do much caffine, nothing after 7pm.

i dont know how habit forming benzos are, i think it mostly just depends on the person. if you find something that works, please let me know.

3. Melatonin may be useful for you. Cheap and OTC at your local drug store.

4. project2501

project2501 New Member

fuck benzo's for anything but short term usage less than 14 days, they change you as a person and fuck up your life beyond belief if you get addicted to them.
    (see my other post here)

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I will look for melatonin, but I don't know that they have that here. :(

I've had prescriptions for benzos before, and I didn't abuse them. I think the key is to just limit what you take, and be strict about it... and don't keep taking the same pill too long. Kinda sucks that all the sleepy type pills I can find here are either addictive or I can't take (Ambien... YUCK).

I just woke up, no sleep till the sun was up... its almost 1PM here. The start of the Siesta. How Ironic.

6. johan

johan Active Member

well the melatonin may or may not pan out but in the meantime, since you're in that part of the world, why not consult an ayurvedic physician?

for starters, my guess...pitta-kapha?

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Thats interesting... hmmm...

8. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

How do you, not sleep?

You don't get the droopy eyelids or blurry vision when it starts to get really late?

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I do. Then I close my eyes and... nothing happens. Eventually I get wrestless, lying there awake. Its called insomnia.

10 pills, 5mg Valiums... 35 rupees. At $1:43 rupeees... well, you do the math. A Benzodiazepine addict's best dream/worst nightmare. Personally, I don't care for em too much. I asked the guy three times before he understood me, how long could I take these until I was addicted. He said not longer than two weeks, then a break was neccessary. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be fine.

Thats 8 cents per 5mg pill. Jesus.

Anyway, I'm looking into Melatonin for a "softer" solution. Might see an Ayurvedic doc too.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Peypomp your quest in seeking medicines to make you sleep, or pills to wake you up should stop. Grab a book and go read until your drop from fatigue and fall asleep instead.

Im not condemning your medical use, nor will i throw a docters advice in the wind. However please take in aspect that a 'normal' working human body does not need ANY pill or medicine to function normal. See it more as an additional that you use 'nature' tactics, along with medicinal tactics to regain back your sleeping pattern.

I myself i don't use anything and i sleep for 10 hours straight, early to bed early to rise. Don't use alcohol to try to get asleep.

Good Night :wavey:

11. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Valerian root capsules can be of some help.

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I don't take pills to wake me up. I have tea, like most people on planet earth. As to the sleep... I already exercise heavily, spend plenty of time in the sun, eat healthy, don't consume much caffiene and never after noon...

And still I can't sleep. It might be nice to live in such a way that not sleeping, and just reading novels is how you can spend you time. I don't live in that world. I have shit to get done. Sleeping is a neccessity. Thus the temporary solution ;)

Thats great that you don't suffer from insomnia. Although... this means you don't have any idea what its like, and your advice does not come from experience. There are times when I am manic that if I don't take something to sleep, I won't... for days. Taking something to regulate sleep then is the only rational choice.

13. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

At one time I tried Valerian root, Kava Kava, and Melatonin. Even in combination, they weren't all that effective. Oh, and don't forget fresh Egyptian Chamomile, which goes quite well with Sonata. Melatonin is the best of the three, but its pretty mild... more like something to help you get back on a normal schedule than something that will knock you out.

14. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Well, Peyomp, you know me. I take benzo's in moderation. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I suffer insomnia as well.

15. I use Ativan and Sonata. Antihistamines might do the trick although they aren't exactly used for sleep. :eek3:

16. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Is it because you have alot on your mind, stress?

Sometimes, I can't sleep because of all that.. bored, angry.. but I eventually just daze off and go to bed.

17. AQT4u2NV

AQT4u2NV Guest

Sonata doesn't work for me. And Ambien messes me up really bad. No sleep crew holla! :hs:

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Sometimes there are racing thoughts. Sometimes I'm blank. Very tired, but not sleepy. Until 6 or 7am. You are fortunate to not know about all this.

19. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

One Sonata, my body laughs at. Two, and its usually sleepy time... as long as I drink it with chamomile tea or warm milk. Ambien make me see double, get wrestless, and stumble around the house. Bad. Halcion work like a charm too.

Valium... I just took two with boiled milk (have to boil it here)... so lets see.

Oh, and the local pharmacists overcharged me by 15 rupees. Shoulda cost 20 rupees for 10 pills. 2 per pill, instead of 3.5. Fuck that guy, from now on I'm going to a pharmacy in the city.

20. Darketernal

I also have another trick, when i goto bed i don't think ' i MUST sleep ' , i just goto bed thinking ' im lying down and im satisfied with that already '

I can't speak of medicinal experience, but i can speak of medical experience, worrying while you are in bed makes the brain stem send signals to the brain to 'stay awake' , therefore don't go brainstorming about the things that worry you at daytime while you are in bed, also noises or other disturbances as light sources should be dimmed. Stay still, don't turn over many times as movement is also a stimulans to the brain to stay awake. Also don't put your alarmclock directly next to your head, the radiosignals that emit from it can make you sleep terrible, i had to put it away at least 3 meters from me to properly sleep well. Make sure you have a decent matras, and don't TRY to sleep, as in making an effort to sleep will only make you more awake. Emit your tiredness away from your body,and let the sleep take over you instead of other way around. A good bed is also vital as wel as a regular sleeping pattern. The Medicines (although your probably maby don't believe that ) can disturbe the delicate balance in the brains which causes your lack of failing to get to sleep also. The very thing you are using to cure yourself might also be a cause of the problem, you could at least check the labels of the medicines you use or investigate literature which might resolve into you finding that one of them as a side effect causes loss or lack of sleep. Which is just a thought but im keeping all options open.

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yeah yeah, I pull that shit too. Doesn't cut it.

22. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Have you tried meditation? That shit puts me to sleep every time even though I'm not supposed to. :)

A friend of mine tried teaching me to recount those buddhist mantras once too... said it in my head about 10 times before I checked into la la land.

23. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Meditation is a great alternative to sleep for me... but its not a replacement. If I meditate, I am immediately energized when I finish. I need to get up and do something.

That is a good suggestion, though. If I meditate on the beach after the sun goes down... perhaps I can sleep. Me and my blue lungi I bought (why?) will head down to the beach after dnner tomorrow and try it. Once I'm relaxed, then I can sleep hopefully.

I took about 8 of those fucking 5mg valiums. They don't seem to do much. I recall this being the case with a lorazepam prescription I had a long time ago. Well, I woulda been asleep already maybe, its 12:50AM, but my AC was out of order... and I didn't think that I had a breaker box, and to hit the breaker, until 20 minutes ago. I'm getting nice and cold now. Soon to sleep...

24. Darketernal

You know your body can also build up resistance against medicines, if you use them for longer extended periods of time, you might not be able to experience as much effectiveness as you did in the beginning. Now although i know you don't value my reply's all that much, maby you can tell something about what you think lies on the root of your sleeping problem, do you recognize any causes of this? What do you feel when you try to goto sleep specifically?

25. johnny

johnny shit, baby

I don't know if mine qualifies as clinical, but I'm also an insomniac.

The best thing I've tried is deep stretching for about 30 min per night. Puts me out for a good while.

Haven't tried anything medicinal.