I can't play any of the DVD movies I burned using the laptop. Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tqpolo, Nov 30, 2005.

1. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

I use my Toshiba laptop to backup some one the DVDs but everytime I play them, it's skipping or freezing. The software I use is DVDxcopy Platinum. Is it because of of the DVD-R is only 4.7 GB while some of the movies is much bigger size and it had to compressed them? But my friend used the same 4.7 GB DVD-R to burn his DVD and it works fine. What seems to be the reason for mine?

2. ndnxtc

ndnxtc New Member

Might want to try a different brand of DVD-R? I use Verbatim DVD-Rs with DVD Shrink and have no problems whatsoever, might want to look into it. Do your friend's DVD-Rs play OK on your laptop or is he playing them elsewhere?

3. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

My friend's DVD-R can play on my laptop or DVD player. Mine on the other hand, can't play anywhere without skipping or freezing.

4. AJP

AJP 7-1 LOL Green Gay OT Supporter

burn at a slow speed, I do 4x. Also get quality media. Finally ditch dvdxcopy and get dvd shrink. Also the burner on your laptop maybe shit.

5. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

If they don't play at all, try using some different media since some drives and players are picky about media.

If the movies are skipping and freezing, burn slower. Even though I have a 16X DVD burner, I can't really burn any faster than 6x or I'll have skipping/freezing issues.