I can't get subtitles to work

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by patio87, Mar 25, 2007.

1. patio87

patio87 New Member

So I have a folder for the movie babel, in the same folder there is a subtitle file called Babel.srt. When I go to load Babel into VLC I get an error as soon as it loads saying "Unable to open 'D:\My Downloads\Babel.srt". WTF?? I tried with Windows media player, and I go and turn on subtitles and nothing. I also had a previous version of babel with a seperately downloaded .srt file and I couldn't get that working either.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

subtitle files have to be in the same folder as the video file they are apart of and they have to have the same name (not including the extension).
    So if your subtitle is Babel.srt then the video file has to be Babel.avi or wmv or whatever.

I had some issues getting subtitles to work correctly with WMP too. I forget what I did to make it work. What I ended up doing was using VirtualDub to add the subtitles to the movies that way, so no matter what I will see the subtitles. Then burned the original (sub free but with sub files) and the remade files with the sub embedded.

3. patio87

patio87 New Member

Yeah they actually are the same name.