I can't get over the depression

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Krispy, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Krispy

Krispy You want to taste it i know

I broke it off with my fiancee just shy of 5yrs. I really tried on this one, even approached her with my problems in the relationship. The passion (read: sex) was just gone, and I really wasn't feeling a damn thing anymore. Thing is, I really do love her and cannot help but feel like such an asshole. It's pathetic cuz I can't talk to anyone about how I feel in person, it's just not me. I'm so used to talkin to her about everything.

Everything reminds me of her, and all I do is drink myself to sleep every nite. It's starting to affect my everyday life. I'm up to a pack of cigarettes a day. Hell, I don't even know what this thread will accomplish. Just needed to tell someone.

2. Elusion

Elusion New Member

I'm sorry.

3. Untow Bo

Untow Bo New Member

That's important right there. Keep talking to us or maybe consider talking to a professional.

4. NCS

NCS Active Member

tell yourself that what you're going through is normal. but like every phase, there is a time to move on. five years is huge, and you feel like you've lost a lot, but there will be another. there's no shortage of women :)

if you have to sulk and live in your world of pain for a while, then do it, but plan on a date when you'll end the mourning of all this and stick to it.

5. option2

option2 New Member

If it sucks this bad leaving her think of how bad it would be another 5yrs downt he road when you have to get a divorce and maybe fight custody battles over kids. You did what you had to to, thats all there is to it man.

6. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

Sometimes we fall in love with people who aren't compatible with us. :hs:

:hug:

7. ballzdeep

ballzdeep New Member

My boyfriend left his ex of 8 years for me..... I helped him find a new place to live because they lived together and he moved out to be with me..... but i thought he would be happy because he wasnt happy with her, but the first couple months we were together he was very sad and i didnt understand how he could be soooo sad when he had me there. Even though he left her and had me now he still had a lot of guilt inside. It was very hard for him and hard for me to watch him go through that. He still cannot communicate with her in anyway. Not because i dont want him to , but because he just cant do it yet. He was very depressed for like 2- 3 months and he still has hard days from time time but just to let you know it does get better......it just takes time.

8. CelesteLeSonne

CelesteLeSonne DEWmocracy

:hug:
    have you seeing a professional? are you against meds? i'd recomend you consider it to help you through this tough time - not saying you couldn't make it without them, just saying it might be easier on you + take less time.

of course you'll go through depression over the loss of someone this close to you (not to make it sound like she died), + you were accustomed to each other. but it's for the best if you don't feel anything for her anymore, + you did try (which is a lot better than most people).

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

For reference, these two things go hand in hand..

If you treat your woman like she is your therapist, it is boring, depressing, and will suck the passion out of just about any relationship. If you have a bad day, you need to go dump it on a bartender or your friends, not the woman you love.