I can't get my dealer badging off!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MSIGuy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So I went out today and gave my car an ONR wash (pretty cool stuff BTW) and then decided to take off my badges and dealer sticker.

I managed to get off my xB and Scion badges with a hairdryer and fishing line then rubbing off the tape and using Stoner's Tarminator to get the rest. I finished up with some Meg's Scratch X and some Deep Crystal Polish and NXT 2.0, it looks fantastic, no ghosting, no marks from where they were, just beautiful.

I couldn't manage to get the dealer badge off. I tried Tarminator soaked towels, peeling the edges, heating it with a hair dryer, nothing worked. It would just chip off (the sticker, not the paint). I don't know what else I could do!

Are there any recommendations or guides on how to get those darn things off? I paid for my car, I'm not advertising their damn dealership for them too!

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I used a product called Pro-Sol and plastic razor blade to get off the dealer decals on my exes car. Worked great, just a light hand polish then waxed over it.

3. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

Everybody's still gonna know it's a scion.

4. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Give up at life fag, its the dealer sticker, not my badging.

Why don't you go play with your Outback, or Forester, or whatever the fuck generic car thing you drive is. :greddy: Cruise the junior high school, they're about the only ones that will be impressed by your wagon. "OMG, someone who can drive me to get my pokemons and Tiger Beat Magazine!! :noes:" I bet its a real pantie peeler for the kiddies.

Cliffs: Fuck a knife and end yourself. :wavey:

But anyway, where would be the best place to look for plastic razor blades? Sears, Wal-Mart, Menards?

5. Rolledsho

Rolledsho New Member

Lighten up Francis

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Peel it off with the edge of a credit card, then wipe down with your preferred solvent remover. (I use turpentine myself, but I can because I have metallic paint with a clearcoat. If your paint is solid gloss, you can't use that.) It worked quite nicely on the "prestige stripes" that had been stuck to the sides of my car for nine years, so it should work fine on your car too.