I can't get Media Center to work with Service Pack 2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by void, Apr 30, 2005.

1. void

void oh yeah?

:wtc:

Anytime I use Media Center it ALWAYS crashes. This is a factory made Hewlette Packard Media Center PC, M1095C. Everything worked fine until I installed service pack 2 and now nothing works, except the radio. The system file tells me in Media Center 2002, but the specs on the HP model number tell me it's Media Center 2004 edition. I bought this in December so I'm assuming it's the 04 edition. Doesn't matter, I cannot watch TV, play DVDs, the radio works half the time...other then that the "Media Center has performed an illegal operation, blah, blah, blah and needs to close."

I'm current on ALL options availible for my computer, but it still doesn't work. So I have a few questions.

Is there an Windows Media Center UPGRADE to 2005? or are all Media Center O/S sold as the whole package?

or

If I "have" a Media Center O/S that's in Dutch, can I change the language to english? And/Or will I lose all my files with the installation?

or

Is there anyway I can upgrade Free to the 2005 O/S? Like I said, my windows update is on, and I have all the updates for my computer, but my media center still does NOT work.

This sucks :hsd:

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

AFAIK, the only verison of MCE 2005 is OEM. There is no upgrade yet. And if there is, I doubt it would be free for you.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

don't pirate.