SRS i cant get away from it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Jul 17, 2007.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

it seems like its everywhere. at work. in my neighborhood. friends have it, and are doing it all the time. so i ditch them. then i find out the new people i met are using it too. i cant get away from G (meth). is there something a 17 year old can do to distance himself from something that almost fucked his shit up?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Find new friends to hang with.
    Pick up a hobby that gets you away from these types of people.
    Practice a sport or just workout
    Go to a bookstore or library and find books that interest you...read them.
    Go to church and Sunday School or enroll in some activities there.

There really are many things you can do to get away from this stuff.

IMO if it really is that prevalent in your life, you need to change a lot of things. Perhaps you just need to take a long break from these people and give yourself time to make new friends.

3. sterlin

sterlin New Member

Yeah, I am not sure what part of AZ you are but down here in the SE part of the state it is everywhere. I know exactly what you are going through. I lost quite a few friends due to meth. Very good friends I miss, but I wanted nothing to do with that crap and you just have to distance yourself from these tweekers. you will find new friends but make it clear to them why you don't want to hang around with them. If they give you BS over it then you know they don't care about you or themselves.

Good luck.

4. gnat

gnat New Member

Its everywhere in GA too, definately keep yourself far away from it as possible. It's been like an epidemic here for a good while and has definately made tons of my old friends from school almost worthless.