WEB I can't get around this problem. The support are being arses to.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GamerAsh, Aug 10, 2007.

1. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Hey guys. I basically bought a hosting package 2/3 weeks ago. I had the domain name Username.centelia.org. It's a ugly name. I bough a domain name from 123 and the host dosn't transfer UK domain names. I was a bit pissed. So I looked at thier rules. They also won't transfer any .com,.net,.org names under 6 months old. WTF? So I had to buy one from them for $18 ( It's on a seprate site but they are related with the hosting. They both have the name plesk in the title anways)

I contacted the support. they site to set up an alias for it. So I did. not the domain URL works, but it's only a mask. If I set up a domain name it would show as lostpowercity.manumanc.centelia.org instead of lostpowercity.birtwellzone.com.

Do you guys know how I can fix this shit?

My control panel is Plesk 8.1.1I think. I'm new to this all thing and they provide shit customer service.

2. Nakon

Nakon Guest

Set the nameservers on 123's control panel to point to your host's servers

3. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

123 is nothing to do with it now. The domain I bought there is sitting there as I can't transfer.

The domain i bought is from myplesk. the software I use is plesk 8.1.1.

I don't understand this name server stuff. i've got a sheet with the details (such as name servers) from my host. I've got 2 name servers. I tried changing this in the place where I bought the Domain. ns7.centelia.net and ns8.centelia.net. The place where I bough the domain from ask for IP for each NS. I don't know what it is. So I just put in my shared IP (which is can access my site through) and it changed the second IP to somethign random because it was the same IP?

confussing I know.

4. Nakon

Nakon Guest

ping the nameservers and use that IP. don't use the one of your shared server.

5. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Oh god i'm a newb. What do you mean ping it? Where from my console?

6. Nakon

Nakon Guest

use these IPs: 208.101.14.156 and 208.101.39.80

7. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Yeah I just got that from my command promt. I went on to manage domains on myplesk and now I get this:

Primary NS for this domain has been changed. URL and Email forwardings has been deactivated. To re-activate them, change primary NS for your domain ns1.myplesk.com and wait for 24 hours.
    NOTE: If you are hosting your domain, you will need to change the Name Servers for your domain to the Name Servers provided by your hosting company.

I though my name server had to be my host?

8. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

Oh and everything is right in the NS bit:

Name Server IP Delete ns7.centelia.net 208.101.14.156 [​IMG] ns8.centelia.net 208.101.39.80 [​IMG]

9. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew