SRS I cant focus on the present / always daydreaming

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by preston, Sep 28, 2006.

1. preston

preston Active Member

It's really annoying, i've been this way for a few years, it's like -- no matter what activity i'm doing, i can't focus on it, my mind is wandering thinking of other things (usually negative things) i don't know what to make of this, wether this is a form of ADD or what. Even as I sit here typing this to you guys my mind is off on a tangent occupied by other random thoughts.

No matter how hard I try to concentrate, I can never just "live in the now" and it's really fucking my life up. I even feel like my vision is effected, I can't focus in on things it seems, like i'm living in some sort of fog. Anyone have any idea what i'm talking about?

I thought joining a gym would help and i've been going daily for about 2 months, i figured it was maybe due to lack of excersize inducing depression or something to that effect, but i've seen zero improvement.

Thanks for any input / help

2. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

Thought about seeking help with a professional? You probably have some sort of ADD...medication can fix that.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Instead of letting society disallowing you to daydream. Accept that daydreaming is a part of who you are, its useless to fight against the fact that your a daydreamer, it be better if you turn those dreams into a reality on how you want your life to be. You know its easy ,society wants you to be realistic and wants good results, preferably quick. But you know you just have to put a mask on and pretend to be someone your not during the time that those people expect it,wether it be at home or work and just be yourself at home.

You know its a form of maturity, when you daydream you notice that life doesn't work that way, that happy place in your mind does NOT equal the trash life outside which is called reality.

At one moment in a pure and natural way you will realise that life is a dream, and thats its morning for you.

4. spofoman

spofoman Active Member

how is he gonna do anything constructive if he can't focus and concentrate?

5. '99 Maxima

'99 Maxima New Member

i know exactly what you mean. you just described me. i often go somewhere with friends/family, and have little to no memory of it when i return, even when i'll be talking to people and having active conversations. its fucked up..