SRS I can't find motivation!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by blitzel3, May 5, 2009.

1. blitzel3

blitzel3 New Member

I go to Johns Hopkins University and I've been kinda suffering from mild depression this spring semester. Now I've lost all motivation and I could care less about academics.:eek4:

I have goals I want to achieve, but I simply can not find any motivation to do anything. I have a final on friday and I haven't started studying, but I don't care. I have a 4-5 page paper wednesday, which was actually due yesterday but he extended the due that, and I haven't started. Yet I don't care.

I never was like this. I might have felt un motivated at times but I always found a way to push through. Now I just don't care and I feel worthless/unproductive. Overall I've simply been miserable for quite some time and I guess my brain just stopped worrying about things.

What can I do?

:eek3:

2. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I know how exactly how you feel. It happens to me sometimes. Just recently I just quit doing any school work for 3 weeks, and I felt depressed, not productive and not motivated. The only way I was able to work past it was by putting aside any distractions that I used to 'relax' when I knew i should be working. No tv, no bf/gf, no computer games or fourms.
    If that doesnt work, maybe you need a break from school to really consider where your life is going.

3. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Are you burnt out? Someway or another, you need to get through your finals, then after that, take time to refresh your mind/body/spirit.

I often question why I do shit as well...what motivation do I have...sucks, I know.

4. Tills

Tills Lets Go Flyers

First thing you need to do is talk to your professors and let them know what is going on. Tell them that you are going to see your doctor to get this issue taken care of. Speak to school doctor and/or your GP and see if you can help you get something to get you through this (like dextroamphetamine) to get you focused on the next couple of weeks to get you through the end of the semester. Then you may need to be on an anti-depressant to help you through this period. Talking to a therapist would be helpful as well.

good luck

5. blitzel3

blitzel3 New Member

I appreciate all of your comments.