SRS I can't cope with life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RX8Shinka, Dec 3, 2006.

1. RX8Shinka

RX8Shinka New Member

I have a massive headache right now so bear with me..

I grew up in a very non-traditional household. Meaning, I grew up with my mother (alcholic, schizophrenic) uncle (drug addict, schizophrenic), grandmother (manic depressive) and an older brother with social anxiety disorder. Out of everyone in the house, I am considered the "normal" one for whatever that means. I am a college student still at 27 :hs:. <-- I took time off after high school to care for my family. In return they agreed to pay for my college education so I did not have to work (but took care of them). Try explaining that to future employers! :o

Right now I work as a Manager but this is a seasonal position from March to October. I make fairly good money here. I am also finishing up college but am struggling financially do to so especially since I haven't worked in 2months. I've been applying for jobs but nothing solid has come through yet. I finished up an internship last semester as a Teacher which I did exceptionally well in. I am told by the college to apply for similar jobs in the field b/c I now have experience but am afraid to do so b/c most of these jobs require a degree. I think this is where my low self-esteem is. I am a good student, on the Dean's Honor Roll ... I should be confident but I'm not.

Case and point: I am struggling to get by but am trying my hardest to find work. I send out at least 2-3 resumes per day. I am depressed b/c I don't have any money to spend on my family for the holidays. I feel like I have no control over my life. Why even try? I have no hope for the future. I'm scared because I haven't felt this badly about my life in a while. I'm terrified things will get worst. I can't cope with things now.. what will happen? :(

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

With your fmaily history, I would strongly advise you seek some professional guidance...not necessarily that there is anythng wrong, but to maybe help monitor for signs of anything developing.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If no one in this world supports you, you better make sure you love,believe and support yourself.

Bring the power of your life back where it belongs, namely in YOUR hands. During ww2 when the Germans advanced to moscow, instead of thinking they were doomed and regretting the things that where lost, the Russians overcame the so called invincible odds, by pulling themselves together and fighting till death to push back the Germans which eventually led to the defeat and pulverisation of the german empire.

Or in other words when you are in a situation in which you feel imprisoned, what helps better crying that your in a prison or a key to get out? You need to find the right keys to the problems which are like puzzles that you need to solve which unlock the door to your freedom.

Personally i find it exeptional that you loved your family so much that you took some time off to care for them. I also think you did the right thing, family comes first.(as long as they don't make abuse of you and ask for real help that they need.)

Look RX8Shinka failure is not fatal, and victory is not final, its the courage to go on what matters, as such there is no failure exept only one which is giving up. Let me tell you that the difference between a winner and a loser is that a winner believes in himself.

Fight to the bitter end , rather die then give up. Calculate the risks. Adapt to changes.work fast and efficiently.
    set challenges for yourself. severely hate having things incomplete.And be too stubborn when it comes to achieving goals you set for yourself.

What i see in your words is nothing more then absurd fear. What is needed in life is not fear, nothing can grow from that. Therefore cast off your fear, move forward, go forward, retreat and you will age, hesitate and you will die.

Imagine two people in a boxing match , what good is it if one is afraid to get hurt, thing is you WILL GET HURT, so might as well go for gold in your life and kick the hell out of your opponent which is life. In the end you've got nothing to lose, and you need to fight for what you stand for.

You are your own worst enemy, give yourself a chance in achieving things, give it a gamble that you can afford to lose. Just apply in the field, you know why? Because you always miss if you never shoot right? SO you have no and you might get yes. Therefore its worth a shot.

4. RX8Shinka

RX8Shinka New Member

Thank you for the advice.

I think I have too much time on my hands (namely from not working) which is why things get to me more than usual. It gets frustrating sending out resumes, then sitting by phone and not getting a call back..

I don't know what to do with myself.