i can't believe I'm making this thread v.anniversary gifts

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ok, in my years of LTRs I have always come up with unique, awesome anniversary gifts, mostly because I'm super awesome and always have a billion cool ideas for unique, personalized things, which are always a hit.

But right now all my money is tied up in business things so I have to :ugh: make something :ugh:

My gf got me something awesome (I haven't gotten it yet tho), but she keeps asking me "when can i give you your gift? :run: I'm so excited :nikko:" etc.

So for the first time ever I'm like essentially clueless as to what I should do. What is "thoughtful" and "sweet" without being super corny/lame/contrived?

God I'm lame.

Halp OT

edit - I have like $50 total to spend on supplies or whatever. More like $46 after I buy a card.

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

i've never celebrated anniversaries... i wouldn't know where to begin.

what have you done in the past?

3. Joybang

Joybang New Member

Can you maker her a shadow box or something? Or a photo album? Is she the time of person that would even like that sort of thing? Some people do and they really appreciate something even as small as an album, especially if its personalized with special moments. :dunno:

4. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Make a badass dinner and if she likes wine buy her some. Flowers and candles to set the mood and tell her she is in for a treat, because you want to give her a back message with nice scented oils. Maybe play some good light music and that would do it. Maybe some flowers and leave pedals(sp?) everywhere for her and maybe a heart from them on the floor. All cheap and make a woman feel loved, its the time and quality of the gift that counts. If she knows you worked hard to make her gift and that you tried hard she will instantly love it.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

i thought about doing the photobook idea but i didn't know if that was too contrived or not.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

A heart made out of rose petals is always insta-win. It stains, tho. Especially on white sheets.

7. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

And for the kicker to put her into insta-romanced, a nice warm bubble bath :bowdown: you are going to make her happy if you follow the advice. The photo idea is another good one.

8. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Nice bottle of wine/champagne (whatever you like) and a nice home cooked meal.

Or a picnic on the lounge room floor :)

Anniversaries for me are best when he shows he has made an effort. I don't care what he gets me (if anything) all I want to know is that it wasn't a passing thought or a last minute effort that he had been putting thought and effort into making it a special night.

9. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

carve roses out of strawberries, then dip in chocolate... make a dozen.

It's quite easy to do, and certainly doesn't say "I bought a box of chocolates at the store on my way home from work"

10. fray

fray New Member

talk about contrived. I had a bf do the petal thing once. It was super lame.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Did you walk in and were like "omg lol this is bunk" and then start laughing?

12. fray

fray New Member

I don't think I laughed out loud or anything, but I was certainly annoyed and just thinking "wtf is this?? I can't believe you thought this would be romantic. It's just messy." He was kind of a schmuck though...he would've seen that in a movie and thought he should do it - he was a huge copier. like didn't know how to really act himself, so would just copy things and actions that he thought were how 'you are supposed to act', if that makes sense.

...of course, I have had odd reactions to other things that I suppose many girls would be gushing over, so I'm probably a horrible judge of these things.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

we cook for each other all the time already. Doing that for anniversary wouldn't really be special i don't think.

Is the photobook idea cool or lame? i would basically have to get prints of pics that I have in my phone of us (i do have a lot tho).

14. fray

fray New Member

you sounds like an asshole. wtf??

15. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

If you make aphoto album include extra stuff like stubs from sporting events, concerts, other places you may have been (if you still have them).

I too would like to know what kind of things you have done in the past.

16. fray

fray New Member

scrap book more than photo album.

I'm also in for what you have done in the past. I'm especially interested since you always seem to be anti-golddigger and fear spending lots of money on a woman in case that's all she's looking for, yet you're worried because you only have $50 to spend this time. Do you relax once you've been with her a while and know it's not what drew her to you?

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

DO something together.

DON'T just get something.

Vague and cliche, yes, but it's the best advice I can give.

So yeah, go for the concert, picnic, whatever. Make it fun!

18. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

photo album/scrapbook isn't contrived; heart made out of rose petals is. My boyfriend made me a photo album of all these photos, and left room to add more. He blew each of the photos up to 5 x 7, but they were high quality images. I bawled my eyes out, it was incredibly sweet. So much better than flowers that last a week or chocolate's I'll finish.

19. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Good idea. My friend ALWAYS loved chocolate, so her bf always hand dipped her strawberries and other stuff. She loved it. I guess whether she will think its cheesy or not depends on how she likes and reacts to certain things.

And always, its the thought that counts, not how much money is placed into something.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I'm more worried this time because I have no ideas. I've never been out of ideas before.

As for spending money, I don't mind spending money on an anniversary gift. Because that's a time when you're supposed to, and both people are spending money/time/whatever on a gift. My issue with spending money is when it's like the guy taking the girl out to dinner multiple times a week and her expecting him to pay for everything all the time.

Lucky for me my gf is super frugal and doesn't even really like going out to dinner because it's expensive :bowdown: and when we do go she sure as fuck doesn't expect me to pay just because she happens to have a vagina :bowdown:

We do stuff all the time. I've been to more concerts in the last year with her than total in my life before that (perhaps coincidentally because a lot of cool bands happen to come to Chicago this last year; our first date was a concert, even).

I'm actually shying away from the "do something" gift because we do crap all the time.

But hmmm @ the picnic idea. Granted, it's going to be pretty cold around this time outside (I think it's gorgeous weather but I'm always hot so I like cooler weather, but girls are always cold to begin with and start to freeze once it gets below like 70 :ugh: ). Hmmm... I've actually never been on a picnic ever (i'm not really an outdoorsy person at all... at least in the summer... I don't like heat and I don't like bugs :rofl: but I leave my windows open/go for walks all the time in the fall/winter. I'm backward from everyone else). I live like 4 blocks from the lake and there's a lot of grassy areas and stuff there, but it would also be colder by the lake so she'd be even more cold :rofl:

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if she doesnt have a place to put her shit at your house, you can give her a drawer in your dresser. Its free and a great present.

22. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

You still haven't answered any of us as to what your past ideas were. It will help us think of something you can do that would maybe be more your style, and it will also give us ideas. Share dammit.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My bf and I went out to a nice dinner for our anniversary :dunno: No need for gifts, it's only your 1st anniversary, right?

24. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

hes on a budget

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm not saying they have to go for a nice dinner. My point was more you don't have to do gifts. I know he's saying he doesn't want to do something because they "do things all the time" :mamoru: but he could plan a dinner at home that is romantic and more memorable and not expensive.