GUN I cannot BELIEVE this fucker is getting off

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SNDP, Jan 3, 2008.

1. SNDP

SNDP New Member

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2424231

Thsi guy was a gnat's ass from a VT tech style shooting when they picked him up.

PROVO, Utah (AP) -- A foreign student who watched violent video games and acquired an arsenal of semiautomatic weapons won't go to trial for allegedly proving false information when he purchased the weapons.
    Charges filed against Ethiopian students Kiddus Chane Yohannes have been dropped after a 4th District judge said gun purchasing forms were ambiguous -- requiring some identifying numbers, but others optional.
    The judge says Yohannes didn't break the law by providing a wrong, but optional number.
    Yohannes had been scheduled for trial this week. Police arrested the 20-year-old Utah Valley State College student in June after his roommates reported he had made threats against police.

2. johnson

johnson New Member

You can watch a violent video game?

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

watch other people playing it, or videos available online.

4. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

Wow, fearmongering.
    Violent video games and weapons - VT Style massacre in the making? :hsugh:

5. SNDP

SNDP New Member

here's the original article:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1343598

Utah County authorities have arrested a student from Ethiopia for buying guns illegally, and what he said he would do with those guns gives police great concern.
    Roommates describe the young man as "unstable" and obsessed with guns and violence. Both Orem and Provo police, at different times, have investigated the student.
    [​IMG]

Kidus Yohannes is an international student at UVSC. We have the paperwork on why Kidus Yohannes was arrested: he's accused of buying two guns illegally, and that could be just the beginning.
    Kidus Yohannes bought two AK-47s from Van Wagenen guns in Orem this past October. The manager remembers him well. "He's very interested in AK-47 and various military looking guns," Norman VanWagenen said.
    He's bought guns there on at least three occasions and has always had the proper information. VanWagenen says, "He had ID, Utah drivers license and alien registration number."
    Orem police discovered the alien registration number Yohannes gave VanWagenen is false. On Friday he was arrested and his room searched. Police found an imported Russian rifle, several AK-47 magazines and a large quantity of ammunition, weapon parts and drawings of weapons.
    Neighbors had no idea. One neighbor, Lanette Ellsworth, said, "That scares me because I have little kids and didn't know that was going on.
    But his roommates had noticed his strange behavior. His roommate Javier described him as, "Too quiet, which made us really uneasy."
    They say he was always watching violent videos on the Internet. "Thngs about how to assassinate someone or how to kill someone," Javier said.
    The roommates had even heard Yohannes say he will kill a police officer and indications that he would be involved in a mass shooting. They reported all this to police on their own and say they are relieved he's not living with them anymore.
    Orem Police believe, if released, Yohannes would be a threat to the community because he still has access to the two AK-47's he bought from VanWagenen's. Police never found them when they searched his room and Yohannes won't tell them where they are.
    During the search of Yohannes' rental house, police also found one of his roommate's Visa cards that was reported stolen. The affidavit states he has been charged three previous times for carrying a concealed weapon, and he has had an assault rifle impounded by Provo Police. They're currently determining if it has been modified illegally.

6. SNDP

SNDP New Member

So, flat out saying he's going to kill a cop is the clincher here. This guy's got VT style killer all over him.

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

OMG OMG HE DIDNT REGISTER HIS GUN

who fucking cares, we dont need the govnt to know everything, just b.c he owns a gun does not mean he is going on a rampage.

8. SNDP

SNDP New Member

I remember when this story first broke. Campus security came to our clas and said if he shows up starting any trouble, call them immediately. I said if he shows up here, we'll call the coroner, this room will be his last stop. A couple of guys in the class gave a hell yes and a knowing 'I carry concealed too' nod.

9. Yuppy

will he beat the high score?

10. SNDP

SNDP New Member

NO, but threatening to kill people is. People took notice and stopped this guy before he started shooting, now he's loose and will probably be headlining in the news soon.

11. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

and so is falsifying information to illegally obtain a firearm...

a long with credit card fraud...

12. Yuppy

yea who knows what he said; vague threats like I want to kill a cop mean nothing. a lot of people say that after they get a ticket or a dog assassinates their dogs

13. Blip

Blip Active Member

uh, yeah. I'm all for the gov. keeping out of people's biz, and I also own guns, but this guy sounds like a tool and he needs to be sent back to Ethiopia.:sadwavey:

14. Yuppy

yea guys an idiot but hes free to say whatever he wants

or NOT say.

how the fuck is too quiet a problem? watching violent videos? not a crime....javier is just making up shit when he says about how to assassinate or kill someone. wow he said he will even kill a police officer, id love to kill a cop; like every cop thats ever killed a dog. but i dont. none of those are real indicators of a mass shooter.

fucking nanny society makes me sick.

15. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

um....hello old thread?