GUN I can has Persuader/Cruiser...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Mar 31, 2008.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Went to the KC gun-show today with my dad. He picked up a M4 profile CMMG bargain bin that was CMMG lower, and everything perfect, no scratches or anything, but the upper were tinted a little too blue, so it was a cosmetic defect. $650 like before.

I however was able to land a decent deal on a Mossberg 500 Persuader/Cruiser in 12GA. with a 20" barrel. It's included the factory pistol grip in the box.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the Mossberg's website version. I'll get my own pics up later. Got it for $310 on the dollar. Got $25 off of the $335 asking. Not super awesome, but decent none-the-less.

Quick question... This is advertised as an 8-shot, but I've seen it advertised as an 8rnd mag tube, meaning 8+1, but i was unable to get more than 7 in the mag-tube. Anyone have any experience with this?

Went out and put 3 rounds through it no problems. Can't wait to try it out in the 3-gun match next weekend.

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

There is a wooden dowel in the mag tube for hunting compliance or some shit. Screw off the end cap and point it down, and the dowel should come out a little ways. It has a few O rings on it to keep it in there, but you can yank it out without any ill effects.

edit - fuck, i just skimmed what you wrote and i saw problems and 3 rounds. ignore the above :o

3. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

oh, and what size shells are you using?

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

found out the problem...

I had removed the plug, and it would still only hold 7, but I was loading my newly purchased Estate 00buckshot, 2 3/4, but they were slightly longer than 2 3/4. I loaded up some federal target 2 3/4 and it would just barely fit the 8th, but I'm going to leave it loaded overnight to let the spring compress a little. 8+1 FTMFW.

Anyone know of some cheap buckshot?

OH, I also went to the Cabela's Gun show, which was rediculous, and overpriced, but I did pick up a box of Estate 00buck, as mentioned above, and an uncle mikes OWB holster. 10% military discount too. Thought about going back and buying some ammo, but it still wouldn't have mattered over their huge markup. WWB 9mm 100rnd value pack for $20. wtf.

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

We buy Remington 00 by the case. Got like 500 rounds right now :dunno: