SRS I broke

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Create, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Create

Create :free at last:

I broke down and got crazy drunk on my drink of choice. Please point me at some chapters from the big book. I have no sponsor. Thanks in advance.

2. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

Nobody's perfect dude.

I got shit-faced on stoli vodka after almost 8 months of sobriety. Those first 8 months were the first time I ever tried to get clean. Well, I haven't gone back to my old ways in the past 10 months, it was just one bad night.

Keep your head up man ... don't give up! You are not starting over at zero, you've learned a lot about what it takes to abstain and you are a strong person for having done it. It sounds dumb at times like these but that old expression "dust yourself off, and get back on the horse" is true. Don't let a setback become a full-fledged backslide into addiction. After you get some clean time under your belt again you will thank yourself, trust me.
    Go to a meeting, try to relax, breathe and try to identify what lead to this slip so that you will be able to avoid one in the future.
    Try to find a sponser you can relate with, that has helped me tremendously, probably saved my life.

I give you props for not being out still and trying to sort things out still, some people bide more time on "the research team" before coming back.

PM me if you need to talk about anything.

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Go to more meetings and actively look for a sponsor. Just start asking people who's program you like and have a little time. Feel free to IM me as well, I'm on the contact list.