SRS I broke up with my girlfriend.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kingtoad, Aug 19, 2008.

1. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Read this thread for some background information: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3897401

My girlfriend was obviously pretty upset and hurt with me but she didn't break up with me over it, instead, I tried breaking up with her because I felt like the scumbag that I am. She didn't want to let me go. She said she can forgive me and we can move forward. For a day and a half things were pretty good. Then I discovered a bunch of lies about her. She didn't cheat, but I discovered a bunch of little things she lied about and kept from me. When I brought them up to her she did the "well you did this and this with so and so, yadda" garbage. I knew it definitely wasn't going to work out at this point and I needed to pry myself from the situation. And there was only really one way to do that I think...

I told her I didn't love her anymore. And I guess she's more hurt because of this than what I did, because, at least before I wanted her or something like that she says. :dunno:

I feel like complete shit. But I really gotta start focusing on my life and straightening shit out. We're both pretty unhappy atm, but I guess I'll deal with my part over time.

Thanks for listening. :wavey:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

did the right thing best of luck

3. twenty

twenty resident nerd

Best of luck, I think you made the right decision as well.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Did the right thing, get your things in order and never go into that same deceitfull direction again. Make sure you have a solid foundation in everything that you do for your life , and get rid of that lying culture, you should never want that horrible stuff back in your life.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Breaking up with someone can be a pretty hard thing to do especially when they're begging you to stay with them. Good job sticking to it

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Very.

8. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

Was in the similar situation.. it wasn't going anywhere.. good thing you broke up..... now go find and f*ck 10 girls

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Man, that's such a hard situation but I really think you did the right thing by ending it with her. Dumper's remorse sucks and having to tell her you didn't love her anymore, especially if you still do, really really sucks, but I'm really proud of you for knowing what you had to do and then doing it. So often, people put off the inevitable.

So now, focus on you. What you can do to make yourself better- think about what you learned from this relationship and what kind of relationship you want to see yourself in, in the future.

And don't be so hard on yourself- you sound like a stand-up guy to me