I bought an Apple TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by severedties, Nov 19, 2009.

1. severedties

severedties OT Supporter

I dont know why but i have been wanting one forever so i just decided to suck it up and drop the $250. Its actually really cool. one of the many drawbacks though is the youtube experience. You cannot browse channels just on the normal site which makes it very difficult to use. I love the National geographic channel but now i cant really use it. the streaming of music, photos, and mp4s is really cool. overall, worth the money (especially if you acquire movies and tv shows else where and then convert them to MP4s.

On a side note, my handbrake program literally crashes every time i try to convert files, does anybody know of a better product?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

3. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

something's wrong with your handbrake install; it has worked 100% for me for a long time.

Visualhub was excellent, and still works nicely if you can find it.

VideoMonkey is in the works; it's being developed from the Visualhub code.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The audio is always outta sync when I use Handbrake and VideoMonkey always does weird shit when I've used it in the past. Wish they'd work as it'd be nice to have a 64-bit app for this type of thing.

5. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

No issues with Handbrake. Love it.

6. severedties

severedties OT Supporter

can somebody please post up the the MAC download link for handbrake? i uninstalled and reinstalled, same issues

7. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

They have the old 40 gig AppleTV in the refurb store for 150 bucks. Is there any difference between the old one and the new one other then HD and the software, which is available for free?

I wouldn't mind getting one. I would use it mostly to stream from my network and stream Netflix, so HD size wouldn't be a big deal to me.

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Same thing, just different hard drive size,