SRS I am so unmotivated about school this semester

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Chris, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

our school got rid of friday classes this semester and I dont have to work then either, so I get a three day weekend every week, and Ive been taking definite advantage of it. But I think its causing me to look forward to the weekends too much and not concentrate on school, because even on the weekends Im not doing homework, and Im only studying for tests only like the night before and my grades are showing it

Plus I only have this and next semester until graduation (well not at this pace) :hsd:

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You should focus on the pain and humiliation of what not passing your classes will mean. You are very close, it's not too late but you are running out of time. If you want to pass your classes, you need to put in the time studying. Cheating your way through will not help you once you graduate....it will be much harder on you.

Keep in mind that for most degrees, there is an awful lot of real world knowledge that is imparted during these last semesters. So if you coast now, you'll really be missing a lot of very valuable information.

You may be like me and you really didn't want your college experience to end. It may be coupled with a fear of having to grow up and start working like an adult....or that you still don't know what you really want to do with your life. It's part of the transition. Don't let those fears stop you tho, don't let your desire to have fun and prolong your college experience keep you from graduating. You can always enter grad school or work on a second major or travel after you graduate.

I can assure you that the feelings you get after you graduate will be well worth it. I just graduated last May and I'm now having a blast. I'm working and making good money and buying things I've wanted for a long time. Don't blow your last year partying, you really will regret it when your friends start graduating and moving on with their lives. It's not worth it...trust me....I lived that during my first degree. Graduating is well worth the efforts.

One thing you can do, instead of taking Friday's off, get up and go to the library and study during the times when you would normally be in class.

3. Mr. Kitty Litter

Mr. Kitty Litter OT Supporter

Same here, I just don't have the juice I had in previous semesters. I'm just ready to get it over with.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I wish I didn't have another 2 and a half years to go...

What kind of college gets rid of friday classes?

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

just get up on fridays as if you had to go to class and go to the library and study.

think of it as free day to catch up on school work.
    you pretty much have to be dedicated to do work on a day off

6. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Wow, that's a problem to you?

7. Guerilla Grower

Guerilla Grower New Member

As others suggested, use fridays as an extra day to do school work. Study up on whatever you've been doing that week or to make progress on a project you've got going. Your so close, just keep your eyes on that finish line.

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

starting to have the same problem think im gonna take everyone else's advice and study