SRS I am SO much more social when I drink

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Dec 7, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

It's fucking ridiculous. Frown, head down, uptight, sensitive, occasionally awkward, unfriendly, don't like you anyway -> smile, head up, make jokes that get laughs, insensitive, relaxed, very friendly, everyone's great. Until I found out about this behavioral stuff I was seriously considering becoming an alcoholic. Does anyone else have this?

2. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Sorta. I find that drinking just amplifies your existing personality.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

Nope. Complete reversal.

4. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

This happens to everyone I think. Being drunk you have no worries about anything. You really dont think of how people are thinking or what you look like or anything that upsets you. I reason many people do drink. Or a reason I use to anyway. But it really is no reason to take up drinking. After awhile drinking gets out of control and stupid things do happen. I dont think getting a little drunk to help you relax once in a while is too bad but dont take advantage of it or rely on it. Getting wasted will not help you relax, you will probably be the crazy person in the room, nobody wants that.

5. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Same here. I'm very social - and it just becomes more so when I drink.

6. Create

Create :free at last:

You're well on your way to chemical dependance! There's absolutely no reason to modify your sober personality. If you're tired in the morning, just grab the cocaine for a quick perk-up. Chemical band-aids for core personality faults will work indefinitely, or as far as your health and bank account will take you. Fuck it, when the world comes crashing down, just off yourself.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  7. AzN Dynomite

AzN Dynomite New Member

That sounds like me word for fuckin' word!!!

:rofl:

Problem is I've become worried about how often I drink. Given my family background, I'm on the road to becoming an alcoholic (if I'm not one already). My excuse is that that I don't have panic attacks while I'm drunk...but I'm twice as likely to have them one I'm recovering from a hangover at work, lol! Decided to start working out again to try and brighten my mood.

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Im more social, but thats really expected and hence why you see it at public/social events. It makes people like the event more and hence they will be back. Kind of common sense.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

:rofl:!

10. JohnJohnJohnson

ur an alcoholic

11. JohnJohnJohnson

Create, I've had 1 beer in the last three weeks, and I'm in college, and I'm a senior. I don't believe I have an addictive personality. I don't USE the stuff in the way you're suggesting, or for medicinal purposes, in the way a depressive would use a psychiatric drug. I just am frustrated that me with alcohol is so completely different from me without alcohol.

No it is not in the normal sense of becoming "more social," I guess i was unclear. People who I interacted with on a weekend where I drank give me really warm and friendly smiles the next time they see me, and then when DESPITE MY BEST EFFORT NOT TO, I freeze up and shut them down with a blank stare, they still give me lingering looks for a while. They give me these looks to see if maybe, mebbe I will be who they thought I was when I met them while mildly intoxicated. I've had a number of people ... my girlfriend even just once said to me on the phone, "I like you when you're drunk."

I got so pissed off when I heard that. :madfawk: More at myself than at her, really.

My father was addicted to cigarettes, and then to sex, and then in his later years to alcohol. He now has alcohol dementia. I am aware of the risks.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

It is so easy to get laid drunk in a college town. A bit of word of advice from Bluto, from Animal House...

13. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

Sounds like me. But i'll never use it as medication :mamoru:

14. AzN Dynomite

AzN Dynomite New Member

:bigthumb:

15. ever absurd

ever absurd New Member

Yes.