MIL I am really starting to hate Army NG even more.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

So yeah, I'm in college. National Gaurd / rotc is pretty prodominate here obviously. It God damn urks me seeing those mother fuckers in Best buy walking around like a bunch fucking idiots in cammies, listening to IPODs, in the student cafe all on their laptops which is no place they should be. Overhearing how they get beat up everytime they get promoted or how hard "e-4 and e-5" placement is going to be "Guys go in with 300 fitness scores and can't make it its so hard!!!" Yeah mother fucker I'm sooooo sure :greddy: . Fucking nasty ass side burns running down their face with half beards fat asses.

/rant

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I have side burns IAW AFI 36-2903. Very close to being out of standard, but close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades.

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I imagine thats how all you and your buddies talked about the Marine Corp before you guys left.. Sure its annoying when you've already experienced some of it. I just listen to it and laugh to myself knowing what I've done. Just them do their thing. You are right though when they should be presenting a proper image when in uniform. Sideburns are fine as long they follow AR 670-1. I've had mine down to the middle my ear if not a little longer but unfortunatley they are being sticklers in Language school. Once guys get to group then the good old sideburns come back.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

My NG unit eats ROTC cadets alive. Especially the ones that follow the officers in the unit around like their the shadow.

A female friend of mine was dating a cadet who was the company commander in ROTC. He told me that and I just laughed at him.

5. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

Well, let me start off saying that I'm an Active Duty soldier at Fort Bragg (you know... THE army post). When I was in Iraq those NG soldiers knew their jobs and did them with pride... more so than I did mine. I left thinking they were a bunch of douchebags and I left thinking that they were squared away motherfuckers. So unless you've been deployed with some NG soldiers I'd shut you're fuckin' mouth. Those dudes kept the post secure and operational... All I did was keep the phones/internet up and run. Oh yeah.. plus NG has to take care of national emergencies, not just war.

6. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

:rolleyes:

i'm talking about the NG at my university stupid ass.

7. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

Well the first time i was in the guard and going to college, the only people who wore BDU's at school were ROTC and they had to. The only time I ever went shopping in BDU's (AD and Guard) was right after work. As far as NG having facial hair, as long as its not in uniform then there no issue. If they are in the STUDENT cafe in uniform it is most likely they are ROTC and had to go to school in uniform.

I have noticed that you can't enter a Marine base with an AD ID card with facial hair. When I was AD Army and on leave I got into a bit shit fest with the MP at MCB hawaii. Is it a Marine reg that facial must be within reg at all times (even on leave)?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  8. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

:greddy:
    so im in the Guard AND ROTC. I have to go to school ALL fucking day. Two of those days, im stuck wearing uniform. So according to you, I should stay out of the student center when im in uniform, stay off my laptop even though thats where all my work is, and basically just stand at parade rest while humming the marine corps hymn like accord :greddy:

i dont believe people were in uniform with facial hair either. If thats the case, then thats unacceptable.

9. pakman

pakman New Member

Don't assume all the uniforms you see are in the NG. I'd say less than 5% are in the NG, most are strictly ROTC.

10. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Oh my god! You're now starting to see the bigger picture :eek3:

My answer to you is... YES. Take your MOTHERFUCKING UNIFORM OFF WHEN NOT ON MOTHERFUCKING "DUTY".

11. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Good to hear. My son said similar things about the NG unit he worked with in Iraq last year. The months he spent with the 42nd were some of the most productive and hardest work he put in during his entire year in Samarra.

Even if they are known as the "Rainbow Division". :mamoru:

12. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Is there a distinguishable difference between the ROTC uniform there and the NG uniform?

In ROTC we were required to wear the uniform of the day each and every day and all day long until afternoon formation (1700). To be caught out of uniform was a big nono, especially for underclassman.

13. Tycoon

Tycoon New Member

:werd:

He calls other users a "stupid ass" yet his grammar and knowledge seems like he should be the one being called a stupid ass.

14. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

Wrong. This is why i normally walk away when someone tells me they are a Marine. Incapable of thought outside the Corps way.
    Those ROTC kids are technically supposed to wear their uniform all day. Some cadre are stricter about it than most. You wont get in trouble at my school for changing into civies right after class, or for staying in uniform all day. This isnt the Corps, were you have to change uniform if you want to hit up a walmart on your way home from posts. The army has its own rules and regulations on wear of the uniform, and adjustments that can me made my commanders, and if your not comfortable with that, maybe you should lock yourself in a room in some Marine post somewhere :dunno:

The other day some jarhead at school who was wearing a wifebeater, with a big Corps chain hanging down, and carrying an assault pack as a bookbag, decided to tell my friend that he shouldn't be wearing DCU's cut off into shorts, especially not with his hippie haircut. I've never laughed so hard as my friend let him have it. I haven't heard a verbal lashing like that since basic. We are both, well, I was, an E-5, and my buddy just got out of the Q course. I then told him to go back to his pog Marine Reserve unit where he wouldnt see combat action if a war started in his own backyard. Maybe I should make a thread about that and call out every Marine on this board, just cause...:mamoru:

15. Fedaykin

Fedaykin New Member

What did he do with the 42nd? The 42nd Div Arty is stationed in my town.

16. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Where is your buddy headed to? I have about 4months left in the Q.

17. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

lol @ this entire thread

18. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Maybe it would be helpful to me to understand what the ROTC does all day to have to wear the cammies outside of their 'unit' location... and then form up at 1700?

19. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

If I would have saw that shit I would have gave the same to him, as would any other Marine. What are DCU's?

20. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Desert Combat Uniform

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Please do call out every Marine on this board over something one piece of shit did.

Marines are by far the toughest on each other when it comes to policing our own. If the devildog is a turd, another Marine will correct him.

No reason to judge the whole just because of one turd...

22. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

John is a Combat Engineer with the 3rd ID. He volunteered to work with the Iraqi Battalion that was attempting to secure Samarra. The team that was put together included a couple of Combat Engineers from 3ID and the rest were from the 42nd (not sure what the other MOS's were). He was very impressed with their motivation and their ability to improvise and adapt quickly.

23. burton564

burton564 New Member

Seriously this whole thread is why i don't like marines.

24. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

Isn't this what the thread starter did? Call out every NG soldier becuase of what he thought and not what he knew. He did not understand the rules and policies of NG and ROTC soldiers. 2 different organizations that have some different policies. Wouldn't it have much better to simply inquire about why these people at his campus where BDU's to the student cafe? Instead he ripped on the whole NG which these guys at his school in BDU's are prolly not even members.

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

but we like you :dunno: