MIL i am now armed and mildly dangerous

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SweetDaddyO, Mar 2, 2006.

1. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

posted this in WoMD but figured you fuckers might want to see the pics

bought a used P229, two-tone .40 today. police trade in. $510 with one hi-cap. probably not the best deal in the world but i got the itch and it was the only one i found in town today.

this is also my first handgun purchase. yay me.

already put about 100 rounds through it, fired very nicely. i just need to learn how to shoot properly now.

here are my shitty pics. i am not a photogramapher. and yes, there is a little rust around the screws on the grip, but i will most likely buy another grip in the near future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I want the SP2022 40 S&W.

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

:cool:

What is with the pen?

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

it raises the pistol up and gives the pic a 3d view. :dunno:

5. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Looks nice :) I have a P226 in 9mm.

6. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

My roomate got the same exact gun about a month or so ago. Pretty nice.

7. SweetDaddyO

i was hoping to use it to help prop up the gun for a better pic. didn't work out too well, but a little better than nothing.

i also saw almost every post in the weapons forum using pens to prop up their guns :o

8. Accord

Accord New Member

Fucking awesome man, to hell and back reliability :bigthumb:

I JUST bought a Sig P229 DAK in .40 the other day, it's used just like your's and it came with 1 hicap mag, got it for $499. I meet the next guy week to pick it up. I'm having a BITCH of a time finding magazines though, there's a guy on SigForum selling new factory Mec-gar hicap 229 .40/357sig mags for $27 which is a decent deal but he only accepts money orders, and CDNN has them for $29.99 but shipping is almost 10 friggen dollars.

Before deciding on a Sig, I shot an XD, Glock 19 and a USP compact... none of them could even compare to the Sig.

The military uses the M11, which is a Sig 228... basically the same thing as a Sig 229 except the 228 is made exclusively for 9mm and the slide is slightly smaller because unlike the 229, it doesn't need the extra strength to handle .40s&w and .357sig loads.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  9. SweetDaddyO

is the DAK double action only? i've heard that acronym a lot lately, just curious.

if you've never owned or fired a sig before (which i'm sure you probably have) you'll fall in love with it. i looked at a variety of other handguns, including glocks, springfields, S&Ws, and rugers, but nothing felt as nice as the sig. the XD was close though, i really liked the balance on that gun, but i felt the recoil a bit more than the sig.

either way congrats on your purchase - now you just have to convince the marines to let you carry it ;)

10. Accord

Accord New Member

When using a pen to prop it up, you gotta take the pic from a little more than eye level rather than directly over it and the pic will come out pretty good, here's a pic of my M9 as an example:

[​IMG]

11. SweetDaddyO

i asked around and the going rate for sig mags in town is about $37, so maybe the CDNN deal isn't too bad (i found out CDNN has an abilene address so i'm gonna look into maybe buying from them and trying to pick it up rather than ship).

what units use the M11? i've seen the M9 used pretty much exclusively since i've come on active duty, but of course i'm not in a ground fighting unit.

12. insomnia

insomnia New Member

13. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I still want an XD but I might try shooting a SIG the next time I go to a range somewhere.

14. Accord

Accord New Member

Yeah, the DAK is Sig's version of DAO but a little different, it actually stands for Double Action Kellerman (Kellerman is the Sig engineer who designed the trigger system). It's very similar to the function of a Glock trigger, but it's buttery smooth and will literally make you go "wow". It's all personal preference though, since my M9 was DA/SA, I wanted something different and was specifically looking for a DAO type gun small enough to carry.

I'm not sure which units are using the M11, but I just did a quick google search and found this:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  15. SweetDaddyO

cool. i just can't wait till our paperwork is approved to allow us to carry our personal weapons into combat. the B-52 guys got it approved, and apparently the B-1 community is going through the hoops right now.

i would much rather take my own gun into the shit than some Berretta that's been dropped more times than it's been fired.