MIL i am joining the army after high school

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pb4life, Jun 12, 2005.

1. pb4life

pb4life Guest

i am a shopmore soon to be juiner and was wondering what are the pros and cons of military i am planing on becoming a ranger and going to boot camp next summer

2. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

3. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

i joined the Army right after highschool on a Ranger contract myself. theres are tons of pros and the main con is its hard work, but anything worth something is working working hard for. if you have any questions either ask me on here or aol im. good luck bro

4. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

The military != fun. So, good luck sir.

5. seven

seven New Member

Pros and Cons depend on what part of the military you are in,

Consider going to college and becoming an officer.
    Officers get more money, and benifits. If you want what's best for a future family, consider this.

that's all i can say.

6. pb4life

pb4life Guest

going to college lol not my sort of thing i hate school i am good at it but i couldnt stand college i plan on taking all the corses in the military in team leading ect what is the quickest way to work your way up as a noncom

7. DaRkPhAnToM

dont be late, dont be a shitbag, study the board study guide, go to the boards, kick ass at the boards, help others out, no way u can lose if you do that stuff

8. DaRkPhAnToM

cause he said he wanted to be a Ranger, thats why i chose army too. it was either Ranger or SEAL for me, never really wanted to be a marine

9. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

In all seriousness, I say take 1 year of college before you join, that way you know for sure that it isn't something you don't wanna do.

Major pro about military is that even if you don't wanna do it for a career then when you get out and look for a job, you are more likely to be hired since you are ex-military (if you get out on good terms, not getting NJP'ed or Masted(I don't know what the army calls it))

10. seven

seven New Member

ok, if you know what you are doing that's fine. just really consider all your options, they will affect not only you but your current and future family.

11. DaRkPhAnToM

im infantry with presidential security clearance, i think im set in the civilian world :fawk:

12. DaRkPhAnToM

just messin with the fingers, my bad.

13. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

Go in as Infantry. :mamoru:

14. Zourn

Also usmilitary.about.com

15. pb4life

pb4life Guest

college eh, couldnt do it now a tech school i could do that. would do they have officer programs? I plan on being a career soldier and when i retire i will have the really nice beniftes and penision. plus get a job like as a cop or security or mabye even try politics. some where i havent closed my options. i am taking all the automotive classes i can cause i am good at cars and no i dont want to join and be a mechanic that wouldnt be for me. I want a job with excitment somthing were i can see the world not only the good but the bad.

16. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

presidential security clearance that means you can clean his bath room:booty:

17. DaRkPhAnToM

:fawk:

18. Justin

Justin Guest

if you are SURE that you want to enlist, do it right out of school. don't go to college for a few years and then enlist.

19. Justin

Justin Guest

same here. what i should've done was join when i was 17. that's me, though. for him, it would be better to look into all options.

20. pb4life

pb4life Guest

security clearence now i might just be guessing but doesnt delta have that lol that is part of the reason i want to be a ranger to work my way up to delta but that i am still thinking about i dont know if i could have a job that i wouldnt be able to tell anyone about next week i am going to talk to the recruiter to see about joining. Now how hard would it be to get a job with the secret service after i get out?

21. Accord

Accord New Member

You need a 4 year college degree to be a special agent in the Secret Service (and FBI), it doesn't matter if you are prior military or not, you need a 4 year degree. Like in every other profession, regardless of whether it's in the government or private sector, being prior service will always put you ahead of everyone else and it shows the employers that you're a dedicated individual with discipline and a good work ethic.

22. Zourn

Or get a job that gives you automatic E-3. :naughty:

23. Accord

Accord New Member

I don't think he's talking about the Marines, my recruiter told me you can only get up to E-2 prior to enlisting. No job, number of referrals, etc. will get you E-3 in the Marines and the only way to get E-3 out of boot camp is to be the honor grad and even then it's at the discretion of the DI's.

24. DaRkPhAnToM

i was e-3 when i joined army

25. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

correcto. the other branches lets you join at various ranks depending on MOS.

our platoon honor guide was an army E5 and he reentered into marine boot as E2 to get out as an E3